Buzzing in my head is driving me nuts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sometime a year or so ago my head started to buzz.  2016 was the year with no sleep.  Went to dayton VA took a hearing test,.   nothing  Went back to myrtle beach to get divorced signed up with VA their. Still going thru all of that.  In Ohio even went to S/S dr.s nothing their either.Also going to primary care Dr in myrtle beach to see what can be done.  If anyone has any questions I can answer them.  Patrick Easley

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Any other symptoms? Do you have migraine, jaw joint problems, other trauma prior to the ringing sound?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Just me, Patrick.   I was just wondering why no one has come up with anything yet.
    • Posted

What trauma did you have?

Clinical Neurophysiologist

• Posted

Is the tinnitus worse when it is quiet, or when there is noise around?

Did the tinnitus start after a specific trauma event?

Clinical Neurophysiologist,

• Posted

I wish I could be more correct with my answers it does not seem to matter if it is quiet or not,   As for the trama I have had so much trama in my life It is hard to tell.  I fell down the stairs while mending 5 cracked ribs so I realy do not remember landing.
    • Posted

Based on the normal audiograms, but absence of migraine, it is possible that the tinnitus is a result of a trauma.  This is known as somatosensory tinnitus.  Treatment for this usually involves some body movement exercises, depending on the triggering trauma, but because somatosensory tinnitus is rare, I do not know if all physiotherapy units provide this specific form of therapy.

Clinical Neurophysiologist,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.