Bv

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 56 never had trouble with bv, started a new relationship 5 mos ago that's when it started, on my 2nd round of flagyl, finished and 2 days later it's back! Using probiotics for vaginal health, nothing working, I'm going to lose this wonderful man!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been dealing with BV for the past year and nine months....you probably got it because of your new relationship...he should be understanding....if not he might not be worth your time....try not to stress about it....I swear that makes BV worse....I can usually keep it somewhat under control...has been worse then usual....think all the stress from the holidays....try to eat a healthy diet...have you tried using RepHresh...it helps to balance your ph..not a cure for me at least but helps 
    • Posted

I take ultimate flora 50 billion probiotic a day but have not tried rephresh yet I will! In 5 mos I've been bv free about 3 wks has taken a toll on the new relationship ad I have been so embarrassed and feel unattractive, he on the other hand has been wonderful but seriously if it doesn't change I cannot expect him to stick around, it has only been 5 mos. he is 10 yrs younger than I am
  • Posted

I understand your concerns...just try to have a discussion with him with how your feeling....this is not an easy thing to deal with I know....wish I had a suggestion on something new to try....I have gone the antibotic route...clears up for a week or two then comes back worse....probiotics....seem to help a little...have tried basically all the suggestions tried on here....haven't found anything to completely cure it, as of yet....hang in there : )
  • Posted

Hi Shari, I've been the same since I started a new relationship 8 months ago and after several courses of Flagyl, Diflucan, Apple Cider Douches, Relactagel etc the problem remained. I have found through reading forums that although doctors say we cannot catch it from men, its looking that they can actually carry it and reinfect us. So this is what I have decided to try. I've just finished a course of Flagyl followed by diflucan because im prone to thrush. Im taking a probiotic and multi vitamin with vitamin C, D and Folic Acid. I am also inserting a relactagel every night for a week after completing the anti biotic. My reasons for this is beause I am trying to restore the good bacteria. I have in the meantime refrained from any form of sexual intercourse and asked my partner to take a course of flagyl too. I wont know if this is successful until next week as thats when he finishes his anti biotic and sexual relations can resume. What I do know is that I am currently BV free, no discharge, no smell and no discomfort and hopefully will remain this way. Ill let you know how I get on. 
    • Posted

thank you so very much for the input I worked all day and then spent 3 hours at vitamin world, found 2 young people working there that know nothing haaaa seriously may have been new, I decided to try fem dopolis, with the 2 main strains and finish my 2 nd in a row round of flagyl, was looking for vit b with folic acid but the bottles said biotin with folic acid when I asked if that was indeed vit b neither person knew so I figured I'd do research before I bought it, I'm not giving up, I'm so scared though that this will get old for him because this past time we waited over a week to have sex then had it once and it came back now another week, I've been on flagyl for 3 days now and I still can smell it plus I have abdominal discomfort, done with doctors, I work in a medical office so I just ask for refills when needed... I may have to stay on probiotics forever but it's worth it... Stay tuned haaaaaa
  • Posted

Ive had it for years. tried everything and i mean everything boric acid look it up on amazon. its a ph thing and semen, purfume even your own period can cause it to go out of wack. I sit here today no smell, itches or discharge....i found my cure.
    • Posted

I've heard of boric acid and putting vit c tabs inside, I'm going to do one thing at a time haaaaa and I'll never give upsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.