BV-6 months! Need help, i’m tired

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!

I've had bv for 6 months and I already feel like I'm going crazy. I took various treatments (tinizol, suppositories, etc.) and nothing works. the lactobacillary flora was absent for a long time, and last month it was present, which made me happy. but bv is there. I also tested for std, everything is negative (I didn't test for hpv). My gynecologist said he normally had to go after the first antibiotic treatment ... but I took 6 and it didn't work out. now I am taking treatment again (antibiotic suppositories) and after that he recommended me to do vaginal douche with biguanelle (isotonic solution). I am 24 years old and he did not recommend me to do HPV genotyping (he said that I will panic and that among young people everyone has an HPV strain, only that in young people it usually passes). the only symptom is vaginal discharge: slightly watery, white-very little light green. it has no smell, I have no itching or burning. how can i get rid of bv? I am desperate. i have a bf, we have sexual contact, but we always do protected

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello, have you tried the metrogel for the vagina? That's what worked best for me.

• Posted

Hmm, do you know if you have access to Metronidazole pills? Metronidazole is usually the most effective for BV.

• Posted

Hi I have a question, sounds like you have tried metronidazole. I have just been prescribed this and I'm so scared to take it because of the side effects listed. The side effects sound terrifying ugh. Ive been holding off just staring at the bottle lol.

Can you tell me what your experience was while taking them?

• Edited

Hello Denisa,

i totally relate to you. i have the same issue. No other symptoms but grainy discharge and time by time slightly burning sensation. My gyn took a swab and came everything back as negative. According to dr. i neither have BV nor fungal infection.

getting desperate since i know something is wrong but nobody can help me 😦

• Edited

Have you tried getting tested for Mycoplasma and ureaplasma? They are sometimes not seen under a microscope because they don't have cell walls but there are specific test to screen for it. It can be cured by a Zpack and or Doxycycline.

• Posted

i tested negative to mycoplasma and ureaplasma as well...

• Edited

You might be experiencing vulvodynia. Unfortunately it's not really talked about. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

well...update: now all the tests came negative (for bv, yeast, all STIs (ureaplasma+myco too). the problem it's i have the same discharge....and i don't understandi why.

• Posted

Has anyone found a cure to this? I heard that if you mix one tbsp of salt with water and use it in a tampon that it could help cure BV. I've had it nonstop for 5 years now. It was watery discharge and fishy smelling everyday until I did a hydrogen peroxide douche and fluomizin suppositories for 12 days.

I have less discharge now but if i insert a finger or have sex with my boyfriend, this thick yogurt/ lotion-like discharge comes out with a faint sour smell. All tests says its BV, my lactobacillus count is 0. I'm thinking of trying fluomizin again. I took antibiotics this January - helped with the smell but the thick discharge was still very much there. Help please?

I want to get married soon and have kids and honestly with this condition it seems very unlikely to do so.

• Posted

Hello, i have suffered from BV for more than 10 years! tried everything! nothing worked.. lost two babies because of this... all the antibiotics i tried just made it worst! after more than 10 years i finally told my mother who is a naturopath what i have been dealing with. She made me a drink.bare with me sounds nasty.. tastes nasty but it works! and changed my life. garlic cloves,ginger,lemons and aloe vera.. all blended together.. add a little water to make it the texture of a smoothie.. take two table spoon each morning on a empty stomach.. it can me harsh.. so start off with one table spoon each day.. store in the fridge. also have a good diet.. cut saturated sugar and junk food. i've been doing it for a week now.. and the smell is gone!!!! after 10+years!

• Posted

Hello, i have suffered from BV for more than 10 years! tried everything! nothing worked.. lost two babies because of this... all the antibiotics i tried just made it worst! after more than 10 years i finally told my mother who is a naturopath what i have been dealing with. She made me a drink.bare with me sounds nasty.. tastes nasty but it works! and changed my life. garlic cloves,ginger,lemons and aloe vera.. all blended together.. add a little water to make it the texture of a smoothie.. take two table spoon each morning on a empty stomach.. it can me harsh.. so start off with one table spoon each day.. store in the fridge. also have a good diet.. cut saturated sugar and junk food. i've been doing it for a week now.. and the smell is gone!!!! after 10+years!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.