BV

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dealing with a e coli vaginal infectio for about a month. I have had this before and it took almost a year for things to start getting better. I found out I had it when I went to ER. The first one said there is nothing wrong with you. Of course I was like why am I on fire then????. Anyway a few days latter I decided to try another ER. And bamb I had an infection!! I hate how the Doctors look at you are crazy. So I was put on antibiotics for 10 days. When day 3 hit the burning had gone away. The day after i finished the antibiotic it came back. My doctor to go and by some over the counter cream and he would call in a script for me. Nothing went away. So now I'm back to square one. Since I had tried everything under the sun last time I decided to ride it a out this time. I think some things work better then others and that goes for BV also. I think last time I was constantly trying one thing after another. So much stress. I cried all the time. I ended up being put on birth control to see if that would help. Well, you know those commercials that advertise birthcontril that there is a small chance of having a stroke. Sure enough I did. It was just a horrible time. The only thing I was grateful for is that I couldn't feel the burning. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks then rehab 2 weeks. The burning stopped even before I left rehab. So, I don't know what will get rid of it. Maybe I was under so much stress during that time that my chemistry changed. But now it's back after almost 10 years. If anyone has had to deal with this e coli thing how long have you have had it? Was thère a poticuler antibiotic that worked? I feel so alone. It's obvious I looked sick. But what do you tell people? Oh it's a vagina thing?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You have really been through the mill Kelley.  If you don't mind me asking what is a E. Coli vaginal infection? Wonder if that's why I feel as if my vulva is on fire. Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Kelley you poor thing I thought I had it it bad but nothing like you have been through . I hope you get it sorted. As you said its very embarrassing when friends and family ask what's wrong I just tell them now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.