BV

Posted , 4 users are following.

How do you know if you have BV... When me and my husband have sex it does smell once he gets in there .. I WEAR A panty liner everyday .. i feel so bad i dont want to tell him we barely have sex and im not getting wet anymore ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

it usually smells like fish and is white watery discharge

• Posted

id book a obgyn appt .. i had the same symptoms and i needed prescription medication because it did not go away .. also wearing a panty liner every day can irritate you down there especially if its a brand that contains chemicals and not an organic pad .. also no nylon undies

• Posted

ye i tried changing from thongs to cotton pants also changed bubble bath to just water tampons to pads i tried over the counter things but they work for some ams not others its wat the doctor told me to try first before being prescribed antibiotics i had bv for 4 years i only got rid of it just over 4 months ago i got pelvic inflammatory disease from having it for so long i had 4 different lotz of antibiotics i also used probiotics for vaginal flora i do recommend trying things from a pharmacy first as some women it does work for them before taking nasty antibiotics the regime is harsh for bv and the medication is not nice the side effects are aweful and im still suffering side effects from taking metronidiazole 2 years on which is what is prescribed for bv that or clindamycin cream the cream is better than the tablets if your thinking of going the antibiotics route

• Posted

thats crazy that you suffered so many side effects from metrogel kim16265 you poor thing.. i just got a little dry down there for a bit but nothing more .. i was only prescribed the gel not the tablets so that could be why. i also had a reccurence after 5 months so the gel wasnt that effective but the 2nd infection was very minor according to my doctor. i was prescribed nuvessa which is a one time application and so far so good but you never know this condition can be chronic or it could never even come back again no one knows!! i barely had any symptoms the second recurrence (no heavy discahrge or smell) but i know my body so well by now that i knew something wasnt right!

• Posted

wasnt the gel i was given it was tablet form i had to take 5 tablets in one go 2g dose once a month for 5 months then had to take them twice a day for 2 weeks which got rid of the pelvic inflammatory disease but didnt get rid of the bv smell so i then used clindamycin cream for 7 nights plus 3, months probiotics and its been gone for the last coming up to 5 months now

• Posted

if you're from the UK then buy balance active pessarys or the gel version they will stop it I think .

us regulars here have very severe symptoms and we've tried everything between us.

boric acid works the best for very severe bv but don't touch that stuff yet I'm very sure you'll easily get rid of bv .

• Posted

get over the counter treatment first if that fails go to your doctor and if medication doesn't work maybe go onto boric acid but honestly boric acid is something you can maybe look at .

I've been 3 years putting up with this nothing works .

I'd suggest cotton pads my doctor told me never use brands like always ultra as it is perfumed.

dont use tampax either .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.