BV and Albendazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I suffered from BV for 10 years.  A few years ago, I started taking Albendazole suspension. This is the only thing that cleared up the discharge and smell. However, it took many years of daily use to get rid of the discharge. I would mix the medication in lemonade and basically gargle the liquid then swallow. Every few months, I get a light discharge but no smell. However, It's nothing like the intense symptoms I had before using Albendazole. I associate the discharge with BV coming back very lightly, though. Has anyone else used Albendazole for BV? Is there any long term negative effects from years of using? Like any kind of damage to organs, etc?? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have never used any antibiotics to treat my BV (I treat it and had success of clearing it up naturally), however, as an RN I'm familiar with Albendazole. It is mainly used to treat parasites within one's body, like ringworm, dogworm and other parasitic infections. I do not know specific details of your BV however, it is not a parasitic infection but a bacterial imbalance! I don't know why any doctor would want you to use this for years and prescribe this for BV. Albendazole causes major liver and kidney damages as well as hair loss if used long term, so please consult your doctor ASAP before continuing on this path to destroy your organs!!!

• Posted

Layne68455, would you share your natural treatments that worked to cure your BV?
    • Posted

Also, wonderful natural antibiotic that treats BV as well as urinary system is: goldenseal, try to take it for 7 days 2x with meals. I also ate at least two gloves of garlic per day either with my meal or swallow like a pill. For hygiene: fill a cup or perry care bottle with half water and half apple cider and use to wash the vaginal area when feeling irritated or add two cups of apple cider and sit in a warm tub for 20 min daily. Cotton underwear, no tampons or irritating feminine wash products. I really hope this helps and I wish you good health and best of luck!  
    • Posted

boric acid capsules 2x per day for two weeks to kill the infection then twice weekly, to stop odor and discharge. No sex during the treatment or use condoms if cannot be avoided. If you still have stubborn symptoms after 2 weeks the boric acid course needs to last for up to 4 menstual cycles and then twice weekly for maintenance or after sex.
    • Posted

A good probiotic and once daily multi vitamin. Folic acid, vitamin D and C.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. A doctor only prescribed for a few months.I had another issue with parasites. I noticed when I used the albendazole that it worked way better than flagyl or any other antibiotics. In fact, it reduced my symptoms such as the stinging, burning, irritation and vaginal discharge by 70%.   So, I continued using without doctor's prescription and without doctor's knowledge. It was the only thing that made me feel better. I still use very little. But, I need to get an exam because I'm very worried about my liver and kidney now. I appreciate your feedback since you are in the medical field.

• Posted

I believe and feel like BV can get in your mouth and throat. I know it sounds crazy. But, I think one of the ways a man can transfer the bacteria to a woman is through oral sex. I truly and 100% believe that's how I got the BV originally. It's like the bacteria "harbors" in your mouth and throat.

When I gargled with the albendazole suspension, I would feel like mucous moving around my mouth. I seen an ENT yesterday and they said I had a little clear mucous and discharge in my throat. I honestly believe it's the BV. But, the albendazole would clear out the mucous in my throat and the discharge in my vaginal. But, it would come back again. However, it would come back very lightly.

• Posted

No problem! By all means, stop using this medication before it destroys your body, even though you think it might make you feel better you will cause irreparable damage to your body parts! Go get an exam ASAP and do blood works to see if all is well. And do try to heal your body naturally, God bless and good luck to you! 
    • Posted

Oral sex can give mono, strep, or thrash, etc. but never BV because that's an imbalance in vaginal flora. Only sexual intercourse can lead to vaginal infection. As for your throat mucus, it can be a totally separate issue, a digestive or a sinus issue or even your medication side effect and needs to be addressed with your doctor. The best way to naturally clear mucus and disinfect your throat is by drinking a glass of water with one tea spoon of apple cider vinegar!

• Posted

Absolutely! First and foremost dietary changes, no sugar, gluten, bread, dairy. Incorporate plenty of greens and fruit. 10-12 glasses of water per day to flush your body of toxins. Kefir and probiotic yogurt. As far as natural medicines:boric acid capsules 2x per day for two weeks to kill the infection then twice weekly, to stop odor and discharge. No sex during the treatment or use condoms if cannot be avoided.
    • Posted

Also, wonderful natural antibiotic that treats BV as well as urinary system is: goldenseal, try to take it for 7 days 2x with meals. I also ate at least two gloves of garlic per day either with my meal or swallow like a pill. For hygiene: fill a cup or perry care bottle with half water and half apple cider and use to wash the vaginal area when feeling irritated or add two cups of apple cider and sit in a warm tub for 20 min daily. Cotton underwear, no tampons or irritating feminine wash products. I really hope this helps and I wish you good health and best of luck!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.