BV and Marriage

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Ladies!

Anyone here who lives with BV for more than 10 yrs and still engaging with sex?

Is it possible to have a healthy baby and safe sex?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Christine!

I suffered (and lived with() BV for about 4 or 5 years before I got into a relationship. When I started the relationship I was already fed up with all the metro gel , boric acid suppositories, probiotics and antibiotics. I had spent so much money on the doctors only to feel judged a bit because they maybe assumed it was from being promiscuous(even though I did not have sex while single) . So at that point I settled for the over the counter "Rephresh" which would help for a day or two . It was always a balancing act and it turned my discharge into cottage cheesy like substance and was so gross. I always would come on forums looking for some help and i did find it. What actually worked for me was somethign someone suggested on another forum. I took Emergen-C once a day in the morning with some orange juice. I did this for a few years religiously . I cant tell you when the symptoms went away but i know it was pretty instant. I took the emergen-c immune + Super Orange flavor. I am not professing a cure but i can say it worked for me and 6 years later i still dont have BV. I assume my immune system was low and couldnt fight off the bad bacteria so whenever my PH would change before my period I would get BV again like clockwork. Anyway, Try it out and hopefully it can get rid of yours too!

• Posted

Wow! I hope it won't come back. Am happy for you and thank you for sharing your cure. God bless you!

• Posted

Thank you! Ive been through pregnancy and a baby and 6 years of it not coming back so im pretty sure its gone for good(fingers crossed). I forgot this but i was talking with a coworker and we somehow got on the subject and she disclosed to me she had suffered with it for years. I told her about what i did and so she gave it a go and it also worked for her. she had suffered with it for years and years. i still come on these forums trying to help because i will never forget the pain and embarrassment i felt and i promised myself that i would share whatever worked for me to other women so they could live a normal life again hopefully. All the tears I shed and being uncomfortable because of the odor and pain and frustration nearly drove me mad. I hope that if you try it that it works for you too! God bless you!

• Posted

I found something called Gentian Violet on eBay from someone else who posted about it on here. I have been bv free for a month so far and just finishing up my period I have had unprotected sex without it coming back as well . I researched it as well just to get background on it and then tried it. I have tried many things and this has been the only thing that has kept it away consistently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.