BV and Oral Sex

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have had chronic BV for probably 4 years now. I know I don't always have it, but more so than not I have it each month; for me its mainly the odor. My doctor always said it could just be that my vagina is naturally out of whack. Or just having sex or getting my period can throw it off and that there isn't much you can really do besides take the antibiotic.

I was in a relationship for over 3 years with my boyfriend. And I get it is a comfort level, trust, openness and understanding from each partner, however, I never once let him manually stimulate me or perform oral sex, nor any man ever. (I know, I know....I've been told im missing out) lol.

I cannot get it out of my head that it would totally disgust him. He never made comments the entire relationship about the odor being bad, but I usually always washed before and after we would have sex.

I guess my main question is for others who suffer all the time and are in a committed relationship has your partner ever said it's an issue when going down on you? Or did you use any type of sex stuff to mask the odor more?

I am no longer in the relationship with my boyfriend, which opens up another new set of issues for me trying to be comfortable enough to at least have sex with another man. And if it would be a random hookup, do you just not care and let it happen?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone. I also have had BV in the past and I understand the level of discomfort it causes, especially when you're in a relationship. I would like to share that the times I've gotten BV was via sexual intercourse.

If you've keep getting this BV over and over again, your partner should also get checked and be treated with antibiotics as well. If this is not done, then there will ALWAYS be a reoccurring of the bacterial infection.

• Posted

Hi, 

Was your partner also cured?? I keep getting told that males don’t need any antibiotics UNLESS there is some type of discharge that they are getting. 

• Posted

True...men do not "carry" bv on their penises. It is strictly about our internal pH balance.

• Posted

Fellow BV sufferer here. Have had recurring BV infections for 3 years now. I took the antibiotics, used the gel, changed my diet, medicated douche...you name it. Nothing helped. I researched endlessly and found a suggestion for boric acid. Boric Acid suppositories are a miracle! Got rid of BV smell in and discharge in 1 day. You will have to wear a pantiliner to catch the fallout, but after 24 hours you are good to go. You can use the boric acid while on your period or after sex to prevent an infection from forming as well. I also take a feminine probiotic daily to boost the good bacteria. I would not let my bf near my vagina when I had an active infection. Once I found this fix, I was so confident and open to many more risks in the bedroom. Good luck and cheers to healthy vaginas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.