bV and pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does somebody here gave birth normally while having BV?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had bv symptoms through out my entire pregnancy and my child was born completely healthy.

• Posted

How long you have had bv Zimm10 since your delivery? Was your bv recurrent and heavy?

• Posted

joet, i had pretty bothersome symptoms during my pregnancy and a few other times before i was pregnant. After i gave birth, i didn't have symptoms again for about 10 years and it hasn't become a recurrent issue again until closer to 40 years old (another hormone change).

• Posted

I see. Been worried also for I noticed heavy discharges now, and that I'm 34 weeks pregnant on my 1st baby. It's not a clear disharge it's like lumpy and light yellow. Been battling with it since 2016 but on and off.

• Posted

Have you told your doc about the discharge or asked to be tested and treated?

• Posted

Yes I told my midwife about it that even before I was pregnant I had it on and off but she said when you're pregnant you will have heavy discharges due to hormonal changes and that it's normal. And that if it's an infection or something harmful I will not be pregnant in the first place. I had 2 check-ups with an ob-gyne last year before I was pregnant and they said at first it looks like infection for it was lumpy like cheese or liquidy at times but results of the different test were normal. They just gave me meds to take. It's gone while I'm on meds but came back again at some point.

• Posted

True, your body and discharge may be different while you are pregnant but if you are uncomfortable or worried you should discuss it with your midwife again. Ask her to examine you so that she can see the discharge. If you decide it is something you need to be treated for, make an appointment with a OB/GYN and ask to be tested for STIs, Yeast and BV. If you are tested and find that you have BV you can still have a perfectly healthy delivery and baby. I did! Try not to worry and focus on enjoying your pregnancy.

• Posted

I was given test schedule 1 mos ago but she said I can have it 2-3 mos after my delivery next mos to be safe. Hope all is well. Mixed emotions now since this is my first baby and first time to have discharges like this in my entire life for I've never been too active intimately, never had many partners even, neither have had sex with others except with my partner now. Hoping for healthy and normal delivery. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.