Bv and sex

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi so, I’ve been in a new relationship for about 3 months now, things are going really well except I realised I had BV at the beginning of September, I noticed the weird grey/white discharge but most of all the smell. I was at the airport when I realised and went straight into boots and treated myself the same day. Did the full course of gel, eventually the smell went away and I wasn’t worried about anyone smelling me from a mile away. Came home and about a week after treatment ended I had sex with my boyfriend, then started to notice my discharge smelt a little off, nothing like the first time but it was enough to preoccupy my mind during the engagement. Treated myself again told him we couldn’t have sex while I was taking the medication. It’s now been 2 days since the pack ended but I feel like I am still emitting an odor that doesn’t sit right with me, but I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid or not. It makes me nervous about being intimate with my boyfriend because now I’m worried it could be that our body chemistry is not compatible, and it’s his sperm that’s causing this issue, they say BV is triggered by sex with multiple partners, a new partner or douching and I’ve never douched in my life or slept with more than one person at a time, so what, am I just supposed to keep getting BV until my vagina decides to accept him? Or use condoms for the rest of my life? I really care about this guy, don’t want our downfall to be on the back of something so stupid. But I’ve never been the same since that initial bout of BV, never had it prior but now all I produce now is clear watery discharge with a vinegar overtone which is abnormal for me. My health has taken a general decline in the last month or so, made an appointment at the doctors initially just to get my pill restocked but now I feel like I have a new concern every week. Not enough time in the slot to tell her everything that’s wrong. But I’m gonna have to abort everything else and stick with this because it’s affecting my quality of life to be quite honest. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey! I read your story and I feel your pain! If you are having sex without a condom and he is ejalculating Inside of you that will increase your PH and trigger BV. I wouldn’t keep taking pills and using gel because your body will become immune to it . I have some suggestions. For starters I would try for awhile not having him ejaculate inside of you to test if the semen is the deep rooted issue. Also, it’s imperative to keep your vagina as dry and cool as much as possible even after sex clean your self off completely. I highly recommend VH essentials suppositories. Insert at night time or after sex .. it will Help balance your ph. The menstrual cycle also triggers ph as well. Don’t be so hard on yourself if the smell of discharge isn’t always on point. Unless it’s a very foul fishy odor then it’s an infection. I hope I was able to be of some help! 

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your response. I agree with the menstration part, I’m currently on my period so it’s a bit difficult to observe the BV situation atm, but I brought canesflor probiotics they’re due to come on Friday. You’re supposed to take 1 for 6 consecutive days and then 1 a week for 4 weeks and it supposedly builds a protective layer over the walls and prevents infection and I’m using femfresh for showers. As for sex I have told my bf to pull out when we eventually get intimate again as I’m almost certain that is what’s causing the issue. A lot of websites say “new” partners can cause a problem but it seems like luck of the draw tbh as I’ve never had this with any other partners and I’ve read forum posts of people saying they get it from spouses which imply long term monogamous relationships. But if the canes Flor doesn’t help I’ll take a break from medication and see if it passes on it’s own.
  • Posted

Hi Kate,

Number one thing is to stay calm, believe me, I learnt my lesson because stress led to my BV (overwhelming family issues, kids, work, etc.,) and I acquired 6 months ago. Taking more antibiotics can cause even more issues such as yeast and candida. Consider boric acid: regiment of 2 suppositories per day, one at night and one in the morning for a week, two weeks if the symptoms persist. Having sex with my husband aggravates my BV as well, however, not if I use boric acid right after sex, so try that. Also, no sex during the boric one week treatment until you heal. Take probiotics and yes, sperm causes PH balance to be off, so tell him not to ejaculate inside of you, at least until you heal. I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

P.S. Try to look on Earth's Clinic online for BV natural remedies-women there give a lot of useful and wonderful advice and have done all the research! The place helped me tremendously!

• Posted

I had this same issue with my new partner what I did was take acidophilus pills mixed with apple cider vinegar u can drink that with water it cleared the BV right up, if you still having issues get the Flagyl but that is very hard on the stomach it makes me throw up

So I don’t ever take that 

• Posted

Ladies if you are using sex toys that are not 100% silicone grade material you will get recurrent infections such as bv. Get rid of those non silicone sex toys and then go to your doctor for a prescription. I had recurrent bv for 6 years. Nothing worked until I did the above. I no longer have bv or chronic uti infections! 
  • Posted

Make sure when you use sex toys to wash with soap and water before and after use I use sex toys as well and I make sure I wash them thoroughly before use because bacteria is in the air and it will easily get on a sex toy 
    • Posted

Are your sex toys 100% silicone material? Jelly toys are often made out of phthalates, which is a soft, rubbery plastic. In addition to this material being very porous (aka a great home for bacteria), it often leads to bv and other infections because they can never be 100% cleaned. Bacteria are able to hide in the porous holes that are invisible to the naked eye. Do your research!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.