Bv and vitamin n c still fishy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has this happened to anyone? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had the fishy smell going on for a while now and I can't get rid of it!!! It's driving me crazy!!!

• Posted

Yes, it's horrible. I've had people laugh at me. 

• Posted

Have you been to Dr. for an antibiotic? Vitamin C isn't a going to get rid of the infection, it may temporarily mask symptoms. 

• Posted

Yes I have been on several different antibiotics several different times and have tried home remedies also and gels. Also Boris acid nothing has helped
  • Posted

Boric not boris
    • Posted

Yes bv sucks. It's so embarrassing, and I've had people laugh at me. It p****s me off because, it's nothing to laugh about. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Not being able to live a normal life sucks, not being able to have sex due to embarrassment sucks. People thinking that you are dirty, and disease ridden sucks. Feeling dirty sucks. People can be so cruel, and heartless. It's like, to live with this/ to be depressed about it sucks. I avoid people, and I've cried, and wanted to commit suicide. The odd thing is, is that ceartain people don't smell it. Or at least they haven't made it known. 

• Posted

Hi dd59946,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Let me ask you this...while on the medication, did you take care to repopulate your good bacteria with a women's probiotic, folic acid and vitamin d3? This helped me and I've not had any problems since. I also discovered that my recurring BV was caused by my partner. It may be a good idea to have yours get treated as well. 

• Posted

If u don't mind me asking what was ur partner treated with

• Posted

My partner (at the time) never got treated so I left him and moved on to someone new. We haven't had any problems with BV and things have been great. I have read (I think on this site) that women have had their partners treated with metronidazole and had success. Google "male partners treated for BV" or "can men carry  gardnerella infection", and you'll find studies that will support these findings and forums where women share their experiences. 

• Posted

I actually haven't been on medication. I have been trying to practice good hygiene. I've also been drinking kunbacha, and kefir. I take vitamins along with placing vitamin c inside of my nether regions. It's worked for a long time, but I just recently stopped bc, and I've been really stressed. I am about to schedule an appointment with my obgyn today though. I'm kinda scared that they won't find it. I saw them 2-4 weeks ago. I had a Pap smear, but it came back normal. Wouldn't  the results have been abnormal with infection? 

• Posted

Also, I'm currently not having sex. 

• Posted

I wonder if those things are why..
    • Posted

So turns out, I didn't have to schedule an appointment. I called in, and described my symptoms to my nurse at the obgyn office. They are sending me flagyl today, and told me that if I still have issues they will evaluate me further. I will get my probiotic, d3, and folic acid asap. However, couldn't I just take a multivitamin or a prenatal vitamin? How many miligrams of each are sugested? 

• Posted

The items I mentioned were included in several studies and shown to be effective in curing BV caused by gardnerella which was what I had. They worked for me and I had been bv free for 6 years until I changed partner. Even after that, I used these items (got rid of the boy as well) and still bv free. VERY IMPORTANT: after you take your flagyl, wait 2 hours AFTER, then take 800 milligrams of folic acid, 5,000-10,000 iu's of vitamin d3, and 1-2 tablets of Jarrow Dolphilus 10 billion (you need L.crispatis to repopulate your good bacteria, Jarrow brand is the only on with it). Do this after EVERY dose of flagyl, and continue with these vitamins/probiotics at least a month after you finish your meds. If you can find it, purchase purfem suppositories. This stuff is a miracle, but it's hard to locate. I sincerely hope this helps you as much as it helped me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.