BV / Bacterial Vaginosis treatment - tea tree oil and cocounut oul

Posted , 5 users are following.

I believe I have BV. Have read in multiple places that tea tree oil diluted with coconut oil, soaked into a tampon and inserted can help with the smell etc. Can anyone advise as to how long to leave the tampon in? And how often to do this?

Am also going to be taking odourless garlic tablets daily.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I used to insert a tampon that was soaked in Greek You fury which would take odor away but only for like two days. I stopped putting things up there! First things first, have you seen your gyno about this problem? I did last year I got metronidazole in pill form. After it cleared up I follow a strict regimen. I cut coffee out, I use special wash for the vagina ( make sure you rinse thoroughly) then after shower put your blow dryer on the cold setting and dry off entire area with cold air. Right before my period and after it ph levels go up. So at the end of my period I use probiotic suppositories usually 2-3 days. I also use one after sex! Def after sex! So far so good, I have been ok and my life has been back to normal. I incorporated Greek yogurt in my morning routine everyday and plenty of water. I hope this helps smile
  • Posted

I have read it's 2 hours but not sure. I've been trying to find out myself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.