BV Cure???

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have BV. It only reoccurs when I get my period. This is my third time having it and I am feeling so defeated. I was reading up on candidiasis, which can cause BV, and decided to give that a try. Any suggestions anyone has is VERY welcome. Also, my BV is incredibly painful and I get bright red bleeding, an itchy mouth, and eyes too. Does this happen to anyone else? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had itchy eyes as well....which is NOT a symptom of BV. So, something else is going on. In my case I FINALLY was able to link BV to possibly being linked to a vitamin D deficiency AND (drum roll) .... dry eyes can be linked to vitamin D deficeincy as well. BINGO!  I started taking Vitamin D3 and it dissapeared. I did have bloodwork to conclude that I was in severe deficiency....but I knew it before they even concluded it.  Good luck...and I hope this is your fix smile
    • Posted

Hi Mollie! I have also suffered from recurrent BV for over 5 years now and after taking antibiotics it would always come back after a few weeks. I wanted to share the methods I have tried, what worked temporarily and what prevented it from coming back permanently. I have tried douching with hydrogen peroxide, this only worked temporarily and the smell would come back full force. I have also tried inserting yogurt with a tampton, and tea tree oil, which were also temporary solutions. What finally cured it for me after taking my last round of antibiotics was taking vitamin D 1000ui (1 pill) and Acidophilus 6 billion (2-4 pills) orally daily. I have gone over a year without it coming back by taking these pills. Unfortunately any time I get a yeast infection it does come back but yeast infections can be prevented as long as I am careful with my underwear and soap! I wanted to share this with everyone who has suffered from this problem as it is so embarrassing. I could smell it through my clothes and I would never want to wear dresses or skirts. The probiotics so only work if they are very high in strength, one bottle cost me almost $20! But it's worth it as long as I don't have BV!!!

• Posted

Hi Renee! I take 5000ui of D3 and a lower dose of probiotics but I definatley think that this is the mixure key to curing the BV for some people! smile hooray....its nice to hear its working for someone else! smile smile smile 
  • Posted

I get the same way right after my period. Towards the end of my period I use suppositories usually about 3 days after and always right after sex that has helped me out tremendously.
  • Posted

I'm not sure about the itching, so I would definitely make an appointment with your doctor. As far as the BV goes, my doctor said a to use a vinegar/water douche once a day for 3 days as soon as you notice symptoms of BV. I've been battling this for a year on and off; lately it goes away for a day or so after my period, and then it returns. I've been to a number of gynecologists, all of whom prescribed antibiotics, both Clyndamycin and Metronidozale, oral and itravaginal gel. The latter gave me a yeast infection, and I had a combined infection, which was awful. My new doctor prescribed Monistat to get rid of the yeast, then the water/vinegar douche, which you can buy at CVS for less than $4 (it comes all in one in a box), to treat the BV. She said to "nip it in the bud" and use as soon as you notice an odor (not in a shame-y way... there is an off-scent of BV that you are probably familiar with). I'm not a medical professional, so definitely consult your own doctor, but after trying everything, I'm really relieved that this gynecologist confidently recommended something so simple and cheap. She said it won't go away forever, but this will significantly lessen the reoccurences. I know you're not supposed to douche very often, so hopefully this is a once in a great while type of deal. BV can seem like a nightmare...taking antibiotics for a year and stressing and spending a ton of money on probiotics and other products has only made it worse for me. I'm sharing this because I've spent way too much time on these forums trying to find a solution, and everyone recommends complicated remedies that I'm never sure will work. Everyone's body is different, but this doctor seemed really great and didn't push drugs on me, so I'm inclined to take her advice. Good luck!

• Posted

I don’t get the itching but my BV is the same - it reoccurs when i get my period sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.