BV cured?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello hello my fellow ladies with BV! To make a long story short... I have never struggled with BV until I started having sex. Which was a couple of months ago. I went to the gyno and got a swob test done and it came back positive for BV. I was out on antibiotics for it twice because it came back a second time... and literally... LITERALLY.. the day right after my second round it came RIGHT back. I’m sure you guys can relate... it’s so frustrating. So anyway... I searched the internet hardcore to find some sort of way to help this. And I came across an article that explained how doctors ran a test... 120 women.... 60 on the Metro antibiotic and the other half on GARLIC SUPPLEMENTS. It says both came back with the same result. The garlic pill had cured this women.... so I (as a vegan and cautious of what I eat) went to Wegmans and bought garlic supplements. 100% vegan, natural and even organic I believe.  Anyway.... today marks my 1 week of taking them and..... it’s gone you guys. AND... on Friday... 2 days ago... I had sex with my boyfriend (which triggers the BV for me) and he even came inside of me and NOTHING. No brown discharge... no itchiness.... no discomfort. Please try garlic supplements. 2 a day for one week. I’m really hoping it doesn’t come back. If it does I’ll be sure to update you guys. But for now... I’m BV free! Good luck to all my fellow ladies struggling. 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Omg please tell me where you bought these supplements? I literally just took Metrodinazole for a week and I was back the dr yesterday and they prescribed me with the same s**t again because I still have some itchiness. I’m seripusly depressed over this entire situation and  trying to get pregnant and it hasn’t happened and when my bf finishes inside me I end up having it again. It’s terrible I just want to cry and avoid everyone. 
    • Posted

Ugh my poor little baby I’m so so sorry. I hate antibiotics and doctors don’t even know what to do half the time. I’m so so sorry you are going through this. I bought my supplements from Wegmans. The full name is “HIGH ALLICIN GARLIC” I’m taking 2 a day. Drinking plenty of water as well.  I’ve found they have actually helped with my breakouts too. Just make sure that the supplements say “High ALLICIN” because that’s what makes balances out the good and bad bacteria. Best of luck sweetheart. Please let me know if this works for you. 
  • Posted

So glad you found something that worked!! Please keep us updated if you stop taking them to see if it comes back or not. Good luck! 
    • Posted

Omg thanks so much. And I’m too scared to stop taking them. It feels so freeing to wipe everyone after peeing and not seeing brown discharge! The garlic has actually helped with my breakouts too. I’m glad it’s a supplement that has benefits on top of curing this infection for me. 
    • Posted

Did you have like acne breakouts? I've been breaking out really badly and I have bv still (after everything I've done) and was thinking about trying garlic.

• Posted

Yes! I’ve actually read too that garlic supplements help with acne. Especially if it’s bacteria based. I have an awesome skin care routine, I’m vegan, 2 Liters of water a day. So I think for me the BV was my own bacteria that was unbalanced or disturbed... same with my acne. I’ve always had acne issues since like 9th grade. I’m 19 now. It’s not severe but just annoying breakouts. But I’ve also been taking Vitamin D3.. didn’t do anything for my BV but did seem to help my skin as well. 
    • Posted

High ALLICIN garlic supplements are amazing for you. They are antibacterial, antifungal, and  anti-inflammatory... which makes totally sense for curing BV and acne. I’ve never topically used garlic and probably wouldn’t ever. It’s very strong! So just curing it from the inside out with garlic makes the most sense to me.   
  • Posted

Im thinking about adding this to my daily ritual of folic acid, vitamin d and b along with 1 5 billion femdophilus. Im doing much better than before but I'm still not cured. What brand did you use? Do you recommend looking for a brand with/ without anything specific in it? Do you use odorless or recommend it?

• Posted

I would seriously recommend it. I just bought a vegan wegmans brand. I would just say to make sure they’re vegan and as natural as possible. Also try to look for one that says “High Allicin” because the higher the allicin the more effective the garlic supplements are. It’s  been over a week now and I still have no gotten anymore brown discharge. My discharge has gone back to clear/ sometimes whitish!
  • Posted

Any updates?? I've been struggling for FIVE years now and I'm so fed up. I've tried everything I have found online including home remedies and prescriptions from doctors. Doctor's just don't seem to understand. I will be trying the garlic supplements soon. Fingers crossed 🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.