BV - first negative culture in six months!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if this day would come. I’m going to share what I’ve done and which med worked for me. I’ve tried them all. Flagyl oral, flagyl cream (several times) Solocec twice and Clindenesse cream and oral all in conjunction with multiple probiotics for women’s flora, vitamin d, immune boosters, etc. 

Here’s what got the negative culture this time. Taking clindenesse cream together with the oral in conjunction with the mentioned supplements above. Washing only with warm water. 

I hope this helps someone. 

I’m looking for good tips on how to keep it away. Anyone?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joy!! Congratulations I pray that it has gone away for you for good. I haven’t been lucky with anything. I’ve tried a bunch of supplements some which you already mentioned. My next step is boric acid hoping it works for me. Are you sexually active too?  
    • Posted

Thank you!

I did try boric acid but that was before hysterectomy. I haven’t had sex yet because I haven’t been cleared yet. I’m at eight weeks 

I’d really consider trying clindenesse cream and clindaymicin oral together. 

• Posted

I tried the cream just two weeks ago and I am not back on Metrodinazole because the cream did nothing. I’m praying the boric acid helps so that I don’t have to go to the doctor again for the 7 th time this year. I’ve been trying to get pregnant and she pretty much said I haven’t been able to because of bv : ‘ ( so so sad. I know you mentioned you’ve tired boric acid, how many times do you recommend? And is it safe to have sex the day after I insert the suppository? 
    • Posted

So sorry you’re going thru that. 

I tried the boric acid for 10 days and it didn’t help. Something else I forgot to mention that I did differently this time since the culture two weeks ago was I drank apple cider vinegar daily and I increased vitamin d to 15000 units a day 

• Posted

Hey Love

I suffered for 2 years and 7 months. I researched and visited 9 doctors; I inserted Boric Acid Vaginally and L-Lysine pulls Vaginally for 5 days every 12 hours. The 5th day I inserted them together,it felt soothing and I woke up with a little pink blood in my pad. I panicked and run to Walmart to get Monistat 7 days;however,the next day it stopped. No heavy bleeding I just believe it burned the vaginal cavity to kill the e. Coli Out Of my system. It was still sore and tender inside,I went to the dr she checked me and I had no discharge or redness or blood. In 7 days my results were negative 100% no Gardenella, E. Coli or Yeast. Freedom and now it’s been an entire 3 weeks and no burn,pain,discharge and the soreness is almost completely gone. I take D-Mannose orally and I used the Clindess for 5 days that my dr had prescribed before the results came back. I was also prescribed a Z Pack orally. So I completed that in a week. Only God knows how I felt and I am thankful that the disease is gone

• Posted

Omg Teri that’s really great news I’m happy for you! It truly is a terrible thing and it’s unfortunate that there isn’t a permanent fix for this. I’m going to start boric acid soon I’m just a little nervous about how to use it and still having sex after. 
    • Posted

Thanks Liz. It was terrifying to look at 9 doctor say you’re the healthiest woman;but...they NEVER seen this;I had Never seen E. Coli in my vagina either until 11/2015. I’m very clean. I have only one partner at a time;then I was told by a female OB that sex is supposed to hurt and I’m not using it and I need to start. I am 1 month past 2 years and 7 months discharge,pain,suffering and meeting all my Sistas online all over The US and abroad. I became the Nutty Professor. I have cried and tried so many antibiotics,homeopathic and nothing helped. When I used L Lysine pills vaginally with Boric Acid vaginally for 5 days. The 5th day both pills at the same time;I waited for 2 months scared to go to dr. Then 7 days later Negative after 2 years 7 months. I am still a little sore. I took the Z Pack orally and Clyndamycin vaginally with Boric Acid Suppositories that she prescribed the week of the test. However, I have no discharge and from suffering so long I knew it was going to be a healing process. I even had some Augmentum that I was taking for an ear infection that I inserted 1 Day vaginally Scared it would not go away. I only inserted that 1 day. I also used Monistat 7 days when the slight bleeding 2 days from Lysine and Boric Acid. It burned the vaginal cavity wall where the bacteria was living. Now,I’m single and celibate and do not ever want to have sex again. It’s not safe. Guys cheat and my health is way more important than fighting off infections being transferred from person to person. Take your health back. Medicine is a Business. I do not mind going annually but every 2 weeks for 2 years 7 months is enough for a life time. I’ve spent thousands on drugs
    • Posted

Wow I’m sorry you had to go through all this pain. Unfortunately for me I got bv from having a new partner. I’ve gone to the doctor at least 8 times this year and as I sit and type this I’m already feeling symptoms and it feels like s**t. I’ve been depressed over this for months, not wanting to get up from bed, having sex with my partner, or doing anything. It’s not my bfs fault and that’s why I feel worst about it. This has to be by far the worst thing any woman can experience because honestly most stds (not all) can be gone with antibiotics and this I feel like nothing is helping. I’m going to start metro gel this week once my period is finished and then the doctor recommended I use boric acid as soon as I’m done. However, my only concern is having sex after using boric acid. She said to use at night after sex but would it be safe to have sex again the day after I used the boric acid? I know you mentioned you’re currently not sexually active but idk if you know how this works. Any help would be great! Also are you using any supplements or probiotics? 
    • Posted

Have you had any success with the Appel cider and the vitamin D?? I’m currently taking Appel cider vinegar supplements twice a day and now vitamin d twice a day but I haven’t noticed a change. I’m still very itchy 😞

• Posted

Hi there.  Yes I have but I’ve been drinking ACV instead of taking the pills.  Try drinking it instead. 
    • Posted

I started a relationship with a guy 3 years ago that I had known 5 years and as soon as we stopped condoms that’s when I got E Coli in my vagina and I broke up with him because he dated more women than I and that’s probably why the bacteria was passed to me;I broke up with him and my dr told me not too;but really it’s like;who wants bacteria living in them forever...that hurts so badly. However, I’m one month away from the Disease because it lasted for 2 years and 7 months...and a shot or antibiotics never worked. I had to try Ammino Acid(L-Lysine pills) and Boric Acid Vaginal Suppositories together 1 day and every 12 hours for a total of 5 days. It worked. However, I am still sore a little; it is fading slowly and I have had bv before (Gardenella) it went away in one or 2 treatments;however, I had to Stop having sex and become celibate to clearly figure out how to take my power back because Doctors are really not studying how to end this vicious cycle. God bless you and I pray everyone take their health back and use condoms if sex is necessary. I’m done this was a horrible 3 years. I got depressed gained 30 pounds because I could not exercise because of the discharge and pain. I am so scared it might come back. I finished the Clyndamicin and Z Pack, I even took Augmentum weeks later hoping all the Diseases that entered my body would not figure out how to reside inside of me ever again. The pain is unforgivable God bless💓

• Posted

I use Prebiotics Probiotics Garlic Casules,Vitamins,Black Tea,White Tea, Vaginal Probiotics every type of good bacteria that I can find...I take diet pills with Probiotics. I have added every type of Probiotic necessary for vaginal health. I lost 5 pounds when I went to the dr; they called me and mailed a congratulation letter to me after my results came back. I cried at my dr appointment in July. I was not ever going back to the dr because I am tired of taking antibiotics. I never even heard of this before having reoccurring bv for years until I found my Sistas from other Misters and I pray we all win;please try the L-Lysine and Boric Acid 5 Days vaginally it worked for me and as soon as the dr said all my tests were negative no bacteria (Gardenella or E. Coli) no Yeast,no aids,herpes,syphillis,gonorhea and any other disease that enters our bodies through sex. I cried tears of joy and said”God I am yours just give me the strength to care for my babies”. Amen🙏🏽 

• Posted

Omg congratulations Teri!!! I’m truly happy for you and still hopeful that this nightmare of mine will own day be gone too. I have been depressed over this for months now and it hasn’t stopped with anything i have tried. In regards to the vaginal probiotic, what brand do you use or where can I get them. Also, are you still sexually active??
    • Posted

I’ve been celibate for 3 years,too embarrassed to open up to a new guy and start a fresh relationship with this pain and shame. I just want my health back. I’m so scared to urinate or boo boo this bacteria infection is worse than being pregnant and giving birth to a 9lb baby, then dr say it’s ok just keep having sex don’t break up with the guy...he was cheating and I met the other girl ironically at the salon. Anyway,I’m done with sex...can’t trust anyone...I’m buying Nia’s Probiotics today let me look them up.
    • Posted

It’s been 1 month since my Negative E-Coli test results and I’m just praying all this battling has ended the pain and shame. I’ve worn pads for 3 years even when I’m not menustrating...I do not understand how Scientists and Doctors refuse to end this battle. If they need me to keep allowing them to charge my insurance card for income,charge me for a massage or something;but not this burn,pain,emotional scarring and disgust of being attacked by bacteria and it resides inside of our body...I thank God for 30 days of relief and I am praying for everlasting relief. I’m purchasing Nia’s probiotics today as soon as I locate them on the web...thanks Sistas keep fighting LOVE All of You🙏🏽💓Teri 

• Posted

I bough the VEssential Vaginal Probiotics also a brand on Amazon called Peachprobiotics;but until I inserted L-Lysine and Boric Acid,I was always positive of E. Coli in my vagina. Now,it’s been a month since the results and I’m praying for total healing. I bought D-Mannose up to 6 a day  and VEssential Prebiotics and Probiotic2  pills a day. I am trying to keep balanced with the help of these substances;but before this E. coli entered my vaginal walls. I did not depend on anything to balance my vaginal health. I did not know any of this was necessary. I believe this is just a money issue and we do not have to suffer like this...I’ve had Gardenella before and after a round or 2 of antibiotics it never reoccurred...so I will keep you informed. God bless and try the ammino Acid for 5 days vaginally. I’m going to a Naturalist next month because I want to figure out ways to be healthy without any prescriptions. I’ve spent over 6 thousand dollars maybe about 10 thousand purchasing medicine to end this vicious cycle for 3 years. I have turned into the Nutty Professor trying to get my health back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.