BV for 9 months - NEED treatment/cures

Posted , 7 users are following.

I can't imagine those of you who have had to deal with it for longer than 9 months my heart seriously goes out to you... but this has not only ruined my dating life but I can't even get out of bed anymore. This is all I can think about I'm fairly young and am very fearful for my future. Please someone help.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What's the worst is the CONSTANT feeling of something being in there and the damned discharge.

• Posted

Hi there,

Sorry to read you are having a tough time.  Have you tried sea salt baths, say two a day for five days?  If you are in the Uk supermarkets have this salt.  as well as using hydrogen peroxide. 

You are not alone.

• Posted

Thank you. I have not tried sea salt baths yet but am definitely willing to give them a try. I am located in the US. Is there any specific salt I should use?
  • Posted

I have used normal sea-salt and course sea-salt.

The best thing to do is run a bath. Have the salt ready. Sit in the bath. Pour the salt into the bath. It is up to you how much you want to use.If you sit on the salt it can hurt as it digs in. It may feel that there is no improvement but it is worthwhile persisting. You may find on the third day that you are better.

• Posted

I am definitely going to try. Did this help you?
  • Posted

What all have you tried? Did any antibiotic give you any relief? 

If your not taking a probiotic I highly suggest doing so. I haven’t had signs of my BV for about 5 days. That’s the longest I’ve been clear for about 3 years. Im not going to save I’m cured because I know for us chronic BV peeps 5 days doesn’t mean cured. I’ve tried a few home remedies which if you’re curious about I’d be happy to tell you my experiences. But here’s what’s working for me. My doctor prescribed my oral Clindamycin two times a day for 7 days (I’m on day 6) I have some spotting because the medication can effect your birth control pill. I’m also taking Raw Probiotics 50 billion 28 strains. I take two multivitamins, garlic pill, D3 pill, and acidophilus probiotic. I know the medication kills the good and bad bacteria so I’m trying hard to build up the good. It’s good to take a Boric Acid after medication but I bleed too much with those so I’m going to try the VH essentials suppositories afterwards. 

I know how you feel and I want to cry all the time but I just keep telling myself that some people have it worse and I know some women have been cured and there’s sooo many different things out there we can try. Don’t give up be persistent.

• Posted

So I was initially given oral flagyl and did not take it because of the horror stories I've heard. I was then prescribed the metro gel and a week after clindamycin cream suppositories. Both definitely gave me some relief but it's been at least 2 months and I am still suffering. I have tried probiotics for a month and they helped but as soon as I stopped it came back stronger. I have stopped using soap down there only small amount of summers eve and warm wash cloth. I've followed all the other normal health protocol. So I have no idea. This is very frustrating. Thank you so much for your comment & best wishes to you on this journey!!!

• Posted

I would definitely try it. The Flagyl didn’t give me any crazy side effects but I wanted to drink and stop taking it. I know I know! That’s dumb 🤦🏽???.  Everyone’s body is different. Clindamycin has pretty scary reviews too but if there was just a chance I could be cured i wanted to give it a go. Boric acid I know has helped so many women (excluding myself) maybe give that a go.  14 days 

• Posted

It's just so frustrating seeing all the contradicting opinions. I've read that boric acid is a god sent and I've also read all it does is make you bleed. I feel for all of us.

• Posted

YOu should detox and have safe sex till all symptoms subside. Eventually metronidazole will not work and your doc should prescribe something stronger. You’d think a bacterial infection was a no brainer. According to the CDC is sexually transmitted. I believe that very much so. Make sure you are in a committed relationship before having unprotected sex and know your partners status.
    • Posted

I haven't had sex in 9 months since this started. I don't think it was caused by sex but who knows. I have other culprits in mind. I honestly don't have a sex drive and am not interested in having sex.

• Posted

I know how you feel. I went almost a year before I got relief. Was on birth control. Was one of the unfortunate ones that have a stroke from taking it. While in the hospital my doctor gave me some kind of antibiotic to take for a infection that i got. Which cleared it up. It was a brutal year for me. After the stroke I went into rehabilitation to learn how to use my left side again. I got out 3 days befor Christmas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.