BV for almost 5 years

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been battling with BV for almost 5 years I've done everything and seen all types of doctors what is wrong with me? I cannot get rid of it. It has ruined my life..what has worked for people? I NEED help!!!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have been suffering from it since I'm 30. I recently decided to take the metronidazole and so far it's worked. I took it early September. Although I haven't had sex yet or menstruated since to actually see if it comes back again. Have you tried the medication?

• Posted

Same here... but Metronidazole the moment i have intercourse reoccurs.  Like Adriana I cant seem to get rid of it, for years! only a temporary fix, that for some reason its just getting worse!  its a horrible thing

• Posted

I just went to the obgyn and I have it again they want to put me on 6 month regimen of clindamycin 2 days a week for 6 months then diflucan once weekly
    • Posted

I dont want to discourage you, because what works for one doesnt work for another.  But i already tried that.  the clindamycin causes my an yeast which is why i gat the diflucan.  Its all good as far as the smell,  but then the clindamycin cream (not sure if there is a pill)  leaves a big thinck dischage that it would be odd to have sex anyways just like the smell.  

And then a few weeks after I was back to the same.

• Posted

I am waiting for th test results if it's positive then they will start treatment I'm miserable right now

• Posted

It is a 6 month treatment I've only tried clindamycin for one day so I guess it's worth a try

• Posted

Yes I have I've tried everything metronidazole doesn't work for me my BV is chronic I have it almost every month when I take the metronidazole it I get a horrible yeast infection on top of it

• Posted

I haven't used soap in a long time I have to use dove for sensitive skin and I don't wear thongs I try to watch the sugar some days are better then others im working on cutting them out

• Posted

Adriana, I apologize that I am allover your convo!  but stephanie  the only thing i do and its extremly rare is smoke. i dont do sugar, nor baths nor thogs and stuff.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.