BV FREE

Posted , 17 users are following.

Ive previously recommended two proven probiotic strains in killing the bv biofilm, L.reuteri rc-14, and L rhamnosus gr-1. and ive now been bv free for 4 months. I had it for two years, and tried many things, but realized that if i didnt kill the biofilm it would just keep coming back. It didnt take long for the symptoms to go away with just a pill a day. I also only use warm water to wash the outside of my vagina, no scebted soaps, detergents, pads or tampons. Basically you cant use scented anything if you have problems with bv. Feel free to message me with questions, or if you need some advice.

3 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Next
  • Posted

did you insert it ir take orally?

• Posted

I would do both for good measure, but would recommend making a non-runny probiotic paste in a small/thin syringe (no needle, obviously)-- insert when laying flat, preferably, to increase contact time to the vaginal walls.

• Posted

i took it orally, the coating on the pills would not dissolve in the vagina.

• Posted

for sure, im aware of what type to use i just never needed to use it vaginally as takingbit orally did the trick

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to kill this "monster" and BV free! I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. I've had my BV for over 9 months to a year now and tried everything, (except traditional medications prescribed by doctors because I do not believe in taking antibiotics and know very well, being a nurse, that they do not work, so I avoided that route). I lead a very healthy life style, so I think it's just the biofilm that keeps my BV going. You mentioned that you took a probiotic with just L.reuteri rc-14, and L rhamnosus gr-1. I have tried some very expensive and good probiotics before, taking them on regular basis but it clearly did not do anything for my BV. So, I followed your advice and just purchased one with two strains. How long did it take for this probiotic to eradicate your BV? Is this the only thing you did besides washing with water only and avoiding other products? Thank you so much in advance for your response!

• Posted

Hi there! It honestly took no time at all, maybe a week honestly. Yep the combination of just those things seemed to do the trick. I dont need to take the pills any longer, but as a preventive i take one after my period. My best friend has been living with it for 5 years now and has tried everything, and this has also worked for her. I hope it works for you as well

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply! I hope these pills will do the trick as well.

• Posted

I looked it up and it says this probiotic does not need to be in the fridge, is this right? Also where did you buy it from? Since it does not need to be in the fridge does that mean its okay to buy it online?

• Posted

i bought mine online, so yes its fine. I do keep them refrigerated at home though! Vitamin stores seem to sell it as well!

• Posted

i just got the probitocs tonight and made a paste and inserted it with syringe (one pill didnt make a lot) and took a pill orally as well. there is 30 capsules so if i can remeber to take them everyday i will be done in 15 days just in time for the new year! hopefully 2019 can kick this bv to the curb finally !!!!!

• Posted

Girl i have my fingers crossed for you! I know how frustrating bv and the inadequate treatment of it by doctors can be.

• Posted

Please help me i dont know what to do... was there a side effects when you took it?

• Posted

with any new probiotic stomach upset, gas, bloating is possible. Though i didnt really have a problem with this one. If youre having side effects from it or are afraid of side effects you can always take half a pill or less and see how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.