BV & HSV-2

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with Genital Herpes where a sore had shown up. Me & my partner are both positive. I believe he gave me it and didnt know since he never had been tested. No symptoms i guess. I am still struggling with BV since we have been together almost 3 years. Is the virus triggering my BV? Is there anyone else struggling with HSV-2 and BV? I never had BV prior to him. I didnt even know what it was

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

just a quick question with bv do you ever get skin ulcers ? i tried to get tested for hpv but they arent doing tests apparently, however they did tell me i have bv and the other week i got these skin ulcers that just dissapeared into themselves im not sure wether thats herpes or bv. My doctor never said i had herpes but said its better to assume i have it to keep others safe until i can get tested ?

• Posted

Yes, i got one 2 years ago in the entry of vagina. I had a negative test HSV test. I read it could take up to 6 months for the antibodies to show up. I never got retested until another one showed on lower part of vagina area recently and i am now positive. I also had an IgG and IgM done by serum. My doctor said its from a past infection the IgG and IgM to see if i was having an acrive infection. I have been having alot of vaginal issue and i believe its due to the virus.

• Posted

yes i have had bv 4 years i got rid of bv for 4 months but I'm herpes too

some one on here explained when herpes show up bv will follow .

well i was 4 months free but i got a blister 2 weeks ago it started my bv again and I'm taking cclindamycin cream I'm on day 3 and i can still smell bv i get wee smell and this time i smell BO .

I'm so down ,i can't ever have sex to embarrassed im 37 no kids no bf sometimes i comfort myself by thinking I'll stay single now forever and I'll cope with bv best i can.

• Posted

i have noticed the past 2 months ive been getting BV symptoms before an outbreak. i have read some studies how it could be related.

• Posted

Hey girlie, you’re absolutely correct, IgG antibodies is chronic HSV infection & IgM is active infection. BV is overgrowth of gardnerella vaginalis bacteria for a lot of different reasons. Recent antibiotic use is probably most common one since it kills normal vaginal flora. Valacyclovir and acyclovir are antiviral drugs so I’m unsure if they can increase BV. BV can be transmitted sexually, but it’s not considered a STI. Also, you should ask your doctor if metronidazole is right for you and your sexual partner

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.