BV I think! Please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so here's my story and I need help because I can't handle this anymore. I've been suffering from what I think is BV because the symptoms are related to my symptoms. It's almost like a 'period', it comes and goes. The burning is unbearable, sometimes I wear a pad because there is so much discharge. I just don't have an odor. I've tried pain killers, chugging back gallons and gallons of water, vitamin C, folic acid, cranberry juice, just things I normally have in the house. I can't stand up because it makes the burning worse, the only thing that actually makes the burning bearable.. May sound a little strange.. is sitting on the toilet, I don't have to be doing anything, I just sit on the toilet. There have been times where I've sat on the toilet for hours, all night, my whole work shift. Now I don't know if the timing was coincidental, but this started after I got my IUD 3 years ago. I've been to the doctors, did a physical and urine test, but nothing came up. She said it does sound like BV but she couldn't prescribe anything because nothing came up in the tests. Please help!! everything and anything that has worked for you please share! Everyday I'm paranoid because it may come back, I need it gone completely, it is annoying, frustrating, and unbearable!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you have the IUD Removed? Has anyone done a sonogram? Those are the first two things I would do.

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Listen, some doctors don't believe when you tell them you are in pain. I knew I had a problem and for 4 years every doctor I went to said there was nothing wrong. I finally found a doctor who would listen to me. She did a sonogram, which no one had done, and found a large fibroid in my uterus. My symptoms were nothing like yours. I'm just saying you know your body the best. Find a doctor who will listen to you.

I have been suffering from BV for several years. My suffering has only been the embarrassing odor, nothing like what you are describing.

• Posted

One more thing I wanted to add. Find a really good health food store and speak to the owner of manager, someone who is knowledgable in this department and maybe they have some suggestions.
  • Posted

Do you have fever and chills? Have you when this occurs? Where is the burning? Inside or outside? What color is the discharge?
    • Posted

No fever, no chills, the burning is on the inside. In order for me to able to avoid this when I think it's coming back, is to wait until my bladder is ready to burst, if I go to the bathroom anytime before that, then the burning starts. The discharge is a white creamy color.
  • Posted

Ok...I have been reading everything I could find. In my opinion, you need to have it taken out.

Google: vaginal itching, burning and discharge IUD.

You are not the only one with this problem. It sounds to me like it is related to the IUD.

Hope this helps!! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.