BV is destroying my life :(

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and just looking for any kind of advice.i have had this horrible thing from 18 to now 26 years old. I have tried metro gel,clindimycin gel both work but as soon as I have sex or come on my period it's game over I get the horrid bv symptoms again ( smel,discharge etc) I don't bath with bubble bath and I even wash my hair separate to the bath,washing powder has no perfumes in etc. My 2 year relationship has ended as I lost all confidence in the bedroom because of being paranoid about the dreaded smell. I have just started taking 2 fem dolphius priobitics as day is their anything else anyone can advise me sad I'm at my wits end.x

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there ladies! first of all my heartfelt condelences to all of you BV is a terrible awful thing. For those of you that feel that you have tried everything (which i also did myself) I have a reccommendation but I'm here to tell you that it is very very difficult. It's the candida cleanse. first get tested for it- if you don't want to do that- then you can just go for it- I also suffer from endometriosis so I basically just have one big unhappy vagina up until... candida cleanse so to break it down there are about a million different guidlines for how to do this cleanse these are the ones that i followed: no fruit at all first two weeks 

no grain at all first two weeks 

no dairy 

no carbs 

no starches (potatoes) 

no shade vegies

you folow this diet for three months 

basically the name of the game is no sugar as in NO sugar at all. none. eating will become a completely joyless task. Unless you know how to cook well. you will probably get a herkseimer reaction. (candida die off) you need to take a few different kinds of anti-fungal and probiotics. 

you can eat: green veggies (not peas carrots or tomatoes) 

meat

eggs

maybe goat cheese

ive been on it for 4 weeks just started reintrodcing low-sugar fruits 

i have had NO discharge 

no smell 

whatsoever 

until i had one relasp of sugar 

the next day 

discharge. 

there you go. no easy solutuion. But you will astonished at the health benefits and your face will love you. and you might lose some weight. I just gave you the basics of the diet. It sucks and it's really hard. I wont lie. but it actually works. 

ask yourself how much sugar am i eating? how much carbs (that break down to sugar ) am i eating? guess what feeds infection? sugar. 

i was blown away when i realised how much bad food i was consuming. it's no wonder that i ahve health ailments. I can't speak much for tampon vs no tampon but  suffering from BV for 6 years- i do know BV. 

good luck to you ladies. 

• Posted

Hi Stacy, well done! I pretty much did the same although I went on the SCD diet and that worked for me. Good luck to all those deciding to do this. You will be astonished by the results. Some people may need to take probiotcs if their gut bacteria is severly unbalanced like mine was.
  • Posted

Hi Marie, I have also been haunted, harassed, hounded and beaten up by this awful, embarrassing infection. I've suffered recurring BV for 17 years. I, like yourself, have had the usual treatments. I even make my partner wash himself before sex as I am completely paranoid he will re-infect me. I've used plain lubrications, latex free condoms, but the BV recurs again and again. I love my new partner of 7 months, but I'm terrified of having sex with him. It's heartbreaking. I am now going to try helping it with diet. I will keep gluten, dairy and anything sugar out of my diet. I've read it worked for someone else and I am desperate. Wish me luck and if it does, I will be back on here shouting it from the roof tops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.