BV like symptoms but negative lab results? Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have watery discharge that smells like bleach or ammonia and itching. Every time I have goon to the gynecologist, they say I have a balanced PH. The last time I went it was at a 4 which my gynecologist said was normal. She tried to explain away the discharge as normal and that the smell was bc the discharge was interacting with the bacteria on the outside of my vagina. And I was itching bc of the wet undies from the discharge.

I will take a shower at night and go to bed with underwear and I will still experience itching.

This smell is embarrassing. I take oral probiotics and BV suppositories which only works for a couple of days. I need help.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

u should stop using the boric acid and see how things are without using it it could make the situation worse using bv treatments when they is no ph imbalance

• Posted

sorry i meant the bv suppositories i read wrong did they just do the ph did they not send a swab off

• Posted

Actually I mean to write boric acid suppositories. I dont use often bc they dont work long term. She sent off the labs but no phone call means she didnt find anything.

• Posted

frustrating specially if u think theres a smell there

• Posted

this same thing happened to me, what helped me was soaking a tampon in salt water and leaving it in for a few hours at a time. then the next day i would melt down coconut oil, soak a tampon in that and wear it for a few hours, then do that off and on for a few days. Some days I would drop a few drops of tea trea oil in the coconut oil as well but you have to be sure to not overdo that because it is strong. Then after that i was able to use just coconut oil to sooth the itching/uncomfortablilty/smell

• Posted

take womens multivitamins, eat yogurt, drink plenty water, use ph balance wash, and use plain moisturizing lotion dont wear tight clothes. that should correct your balance within a week. Practice abstinence until you correct your system. Always have protected sex when ur active. hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.