BV - need a cure :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 20 years old and I have had BV symptoms for around 5 months. I  have had a lot more watery discharge (sometimes a little blood), and a really unpleasant odour. I'm constantly having to wear pantyliners and change throughout the day. This is the first time I have had this so I was embarrassed to go to the doctors. Anyway, eventually I went to the doctors and finally got checked. The swab came back as positive for BV so I am currently on 2 a day 400mg Metronidazole. Tomorrow is my last day on these tablets and I'm worried that they haven't worked as well as I'd hoped. I just know I'm going to be living with BV now as I have been reading other people's stories with this and it seems so hard to find a cure. This is all new to me and I just want to get rid of it. Can anybody suggest good treatments/probiotics/remedies. I would be so grateful for anything! Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The doctor wasn't much help either to be honest which is why I have come to this. She just said the small amounts of blood is normal I'm worrying too much. She said I need to avoid tampons, pantyliners, bubbles baths etc. But I have to wear pantyliners because of the discharge so it's a nightmare really..

• Posted

Hey I was tested for BV but it came back negative even though I had all the symptoms they still have the the metronidazole it cleared my symptoms but only for a week. I can across a product called balance complex I take 2 pills a day and one vitamin c with rose hips, don't take the pills together because it gave me bad stomach pain. I started working out a lot and have been symptoms free for almost 3 months. The balance complex can take alittle while to work but I would highly recommend it with the vitamin c. Avoid coffee, and wear cotton undies. I suffered from it for over 4 years so I feel your pain it's horrible I hope this works out for you I really truly do! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.