BV odour help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! Any one know Home remedies to get rid of BV odour? My odour started off very fishy and strong, then very sweet and bread like then it became sour and less noticeable, and now it has become fishy again. I don't know what's going on. Please help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I've dealt with vaginal odor for long a time. Be can really ruin a girls confidence. I've thought of killing myself in the past, because nothing worked. Life goes on though. I felt gross, but I don't anymore. Life will improve.Never give up, and when something fails keep your head up. Keep in mind, that what works for some won't work for others. Be is simply an internal imbalance. For some it's their diet, and so if your diet isn't so great you may have to alter it. Try getting all of your nutrients, and vitamins. Make sure you sleep well, and that you keep your stress low. Also, drink more water. Change sanitary napkins, and Tamps frequently, and wear breathable clothes and undies made from 100 percent cotton. Do you smoke, and currently how would you describe your lifestyle habits? So many things can cause an imbalance in our vaginal region. I've tried many remedies. The remedies that seemed to work for me were the vitamin c inserts, the h202 douche ( I dilute it with distilled or purified water), a ph balanced feminine wash, kefir, a woman's probiotic with 25 or 50 billion live cultures. With the vitamin c inserts you put an uncoated vitamin c tablet without any sugars or additives (500mg or 1000 mg) deeply inside your vagina and then put a tampon in to keep it from coming out. If that pill comes out, you will be on the worse pain in your life. So I highly advise you to please put a tampon in after putting it in to avoid it. It burns, and will cause chemical burns due to the acidity levels in the pill. I had many days like this, and there is nothing worse than this. Also, make sure the tanpon is properly placed. After putting in the vitamin c, I'd drink a kefir smoothie and or I'd take a woman's probiotic pill. Sometimes I took both. Ive inserted the vitamin c twice every day until I saw improvement, but do it as often as feel you need to. The vitamin c worked after a couple of hours.

Now, just recently I decided to try something else. I purchased some of that gel that balances the ph, and prevents odor. I also got the capsules that went along with it. I got The gel, the brand name capsuals, and the ph testing tool products specifocally from the feminine care aisle at Wallmart. The gel, the pills, and the infection ph testing tool are a little expensive though. Early in the day I inserted a vitamin c tablet, douched with h202 ( diluted with water), and inserted the gel. Now I probably should have just used the douche. However it worked. I figured the acidity in the douche and vitamin c would put me where I belonged ph wise. I tested my vaginal ph the next day, and I was fine. No indication of any infection. The gel will cause leaking, and you may get white specks. That's normal, it is simply just the dead vaginal cells shedding. It makes you smell, and taste amazing. If you are sexually active id do this a day before having sex. Also, I'd recommend sleeping without underwear to help the vagina air out.

• Posted

Thank you so much!!!! I haven't made any changes in my eating habits so I'm not sure what's going on. I don't smoke or do drugs or anything like that. I have a previous post where I explained the whole history with this bv. But nothing I can think of that would've caused it. I also did purchase the vagisil odour control wash. I've noticed that it helps at first but only for a few hours and I want something that'll get rid of this internally and all at one you know? The smell just comes back and it keeps changing

• Posted

Where do u get the vitamin c pills? And does it burn the whole time it's in and do u mix it with anything?

• Posted

Np!!!! I totally understand. Yeah bv can be tricky. Yes, but it is definitely not a problem!!! I hope that it works, and I am praying for you!!! I got all of these products from Walmart also. I apologize, because I only mentioned that I got a couple things from Walmart. All of these products came from Walmart, and the rest of the things I've mentioned are pretty cheap with the exception of the gel, the ph balancing capsules, and the infection testing kit. Good luck girlie, and may you gain relief from this horrible problem.

• Posted

May both of you gain relief!!! Good luck to both of you ladies! The vitamin c doesn't burn inside, but if it seeps out it will burn. I also don't mix with anything at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.