BV or yeast infection?!* graphic images

Posted , 11 users are following.

Ive been experiencing severe dryness, itching, painful sex, and odor/ discharge for the past week. Ive had a yeast infection before but my discharge appeared clumpy and white. however this time It is thick, creamy, and stringy. I was able to go to a gyno who suggested it was a yeast infection and prescribed fluconazole however my syptoms havw still not gone away. Someone please help!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

wow have you looked up your symptoms? and did they test you for all stds

• Posted

ive been tested not to long ago for stds. ive gotten my test results back and tested negative for yeast, bv, trichomonas, wet mount. it is possible i got a false negative but im not sure. i have looked up my symptoms and believed it was BV or vaginitis.

• Posted

well from experience i have BV i only get discharge and smell thats it and what triggers mine is my mans semen and my period thats all have them to check for PID.

• Posted

bv has a smell to it usually fish and its quite strong u can get false negatives as some infections the bacteria does not live long outside the body there fore it dies before it gets to the lab to be looked at to me it dosnt look like bv when i had bv it was like water and white it soaked thew my underwear and it smelt like fish u should certainly go back and have retests or buy a home test for bv and yeast as that will give u an accurate instant result rather than having to wait for swabs theres always a possibility it could be bv as some women only find out they have it when they go for a pap smear so wat symptoms other people have u may not everyones different

• Posted

i have most of these symptoms. everything came back negative but my doc gave me the same medication because she thought it looked like a yeast infection. this was a month ago. im going back tomorrow to request further testing because i dont know what else to do. please keep me updated.

• Posted

Have you asked to be tested for Mycoplasmas? There are five types of Mycoplasma. Mycoplasma is not effected by Metronidozole. Doxycycline or azithromycin usually works. Doctors rarely test for Mycoplasma infections.

Also, BV can be resistant to certain antibiotics. My doctor ran a test that showed my BV was resistant. My last thought, research Boric Acid suppositories. They are sold at Target.

Google pictures.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Edited

It looks like bv but once you get the medication yeast come behind it so u will need the yeast infection pill after the med or the vaginal gel to get rid of the bv , bv yeah if the sex painful n men can throw your pH balance off if u not using condoms.

• Posted

how are you now and has it gone away? im suffering the same thing and the dr saw internal vaginal irritation and the cervix is irritated also but tests are clear but i have consistent throbbing pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.