BV positive but want to beat it without antibiotics

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have BV and am trying to beat it without Clindamycin Cream (I breastfeed and am concerned about the risks to my child). I am taking Optibac Probiotics for Women, Vitamin C, and am using Activ Gel. Have been on my period for a few days now so don't know where I stand with progress but the itch was back quite badly today. It was suggested by natural health people I know to give up dairy/wheat/gluten and dairy but that is incredibly hard to do, I love food, I am also on a low income and what on earth will I be able to eat apart from nuts, berries & veg? I have been spending all my money on this and feeling despondent. I would really appreciate any helpful tips please. All I see are tips to take expensive probiotic pills costing lots of ££££ which I do not have. Is that really the only way to beat it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Prince 

BV is a real nuisance ..

i had it recently and treated it with 3 nights clindamycin vaginal ovules then 3 nights of thrush ovules as i had thrush too so the Gyno told me ..

6 weeks later same feelings again .. As it can return a few weeks later ..

there is another option and its a douch with H202 hydrogen peroxide 3%

diluted in water but a douch bag is needed .. or something similar ..to rinse yourself vaginally and safely ..

also you can buy vaginal PH testers to check on the PH ..

anything over PH 5 needs attention  ..

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Prince 

i private messages you a link 

that a mid wife wrote about BV treatments with hydrogen peroxide H202

and how to do it 

jay xx 

• Posted

Oh PLEASE PLEASE speak to your doctor and follow his/her advice both as to the treatment and to interaction with breastfeeding. 

This is a medical site and surely if you can get it treated in three days [as the other poster says] then using conventional medicine is vastly preferable to some possible "alternative" treatment which may help but is unliklely to effect a cure. We are so lucky these days in that the NHS and medical profession provide - in so many cases - cures for troublesome symptoms/conditions.

In addition it is free or comparitively low cost. PLEASE do not waste your money on other things. Eat a balanced diet.  It is not caused by wheat/dairy/gluten and removing these is unlikely to make much difference

• Posted

Thanks jayneejay, I will check it out.
  • Posted

Thanks davy1944, I know it is a medical site, and see a host of other people have asked similar questions to mine worded differently with helpful answers. Diet plays an important role in our health and I do think it is a good thing to address in keeping good health whatever your age/occupation, etc. Whilst medicine/antibiotics are helpful etc, sometimes it is also nice to know what can be done in our ordinary living to either treat or treat and prevent further occurences of whatever we are battling. Probiotics seem to be widely suggested for BV from what I can see on other discussions in this Group.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.