Bv question

Posted , 3 users are following.

i always have bacterial vaganois, i was told thursday i have it. however this time is different...i am red, swollen and itching really bad. normally just the inside of my vagina swells. i have been on metronazole since friday and it seams to have gotten worse. should it have gotten better by now? i also have a UTI not sure if that makes a difference...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yes it should have gotten better by now

• Posted

do you think it could be a yeast infection as well being im taking antibiotics? or should i go back to the doctor?

• Posted

i decided to try some monistat and its feeling somewhat better this morning!

• Posted

I think you should allow few more days for the medicine to work by this time you can use moist if that gives good result.

• Posted

I am def feeling better down there. still have a small itch and some swelling. so not sure if it is the antibiotis working or the monistat cream. but when i put it in it was like instant relief. maybe because if the coolness.... so you think i should finish my antibitoics before using it?

• Posted

Never ever finish Antibiotics before it's actual completion date. Complete the course of 7 days (if Dr gives for 7 days course) even though you are completely cured keep taking them.

Normally Antibiotics kicks in 3rd/ 4th days of the course.

• Posted

oh no i was still taking my antibotics i was just using the monistat down there too. i feel like its slowly getting better. i have called my doctors office, just waiting for a call back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.