BV SYMPTOMS NEGATIVE TEST

Posted , 3 users are following.

This post may have too much information but I am pulling my hair out and need to see can anyone help ease my mind. I have an anxiety disorder so it's impossible for me not to worry about everything.

I've had BV symptoms the past while alot of discharge and smelly fishy unpleasant odor.

I noticed its particularly bad after sex only when my partner would ejaculate inside me.

I've had BV twice before so I knew it was this again.

I went to the doctor and had a swab test but the results came back negative so I was of course shocked. I decided to go for over the counter products, I took the BV gel for 7 days and now the discharge and smell went within two days.

Is it possible to have BV but negative tests or should I be worried it could be something else?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In the end of that post I meant that the BV symptoms went 2 days after taking the gel not two days after finishing the gel for 7 days

• Posted

It is possible, I have never once tested positive for BV, yet I have all the symptoms, and the gel and antibiotics work for me too.

• Posted

The first two times I had bv I was tested at a clinic and both times given tablets.

3rd time I went to my own GP and I had to do the swab myself so I am wondering if maybe I did it wrong and it wasn't strong enough. I was tested for std also but the swab was damaged and they need to do another one. The thoughts of it although I am sure I don't have anything it's still on my mind what if and how I approach my partner about it as we will both blame each other.

• Posted

yes u can get a negative test for bv as the bacteria on the swab thats taken only stays alive for a few hours so by time it gets to the lab to be tested the swab is no longer viable an instant test from a pharmacy would be a much more accurate result

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.