BV - Urinary problems. Anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I thought I had BV around christmas so went to get checked out but cultures came back negative but the DR said I had an inflamed cervix. About a week after I felt like I was getting a UTI (that i had around 4 dip tests for and not once did it come back positive) . I ended up on around 6 different types of antibiotics to treat a suspected UTI but nothing helped and if anything some of the anti biotics made it a million times worse. Half way through this treatment I found that I had BV. Took further antibiocs and BV seemed to clear, I also started taking some Vagina specific probiotics. After a while the UTI symptoms cleared up and went away (Typically by the time I went for a bladder scan and cystocopy which came back clear). I was perfectly find for a while and the UTI symptoms have now come back and i'm pretty sure I also have BV again as well which makes me think the two are connected. Does anyone else get UTI symptoms when they have BV? I say UTI I just almost feel like something in the area of my bladder is angry and raw, peeing frequently seems to relieve the discomfort. If I do a kegle exercise it makes me shudder because there is discomfort in that area. I stupidly had a bath last week with some essential oil, does anyone think that could cause BV? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I should add, most of the discomfort it when I walk, usually i feel perfectly fine until I stand up.
  • Posted

Hi, about 10 years ago I was having uti symptoms..... Prior to this I'd had few utis so was convinced I had another. All urine tests came back negative. I went to doctors with my symptoms which where discharge, pressure on bladder and frequent urination. I was given many antibiotics for utis and none worked. I was sent to gynecologists and urologist who preformed operations that didn't work. I'd lost hope and it had made my life a nightmare for probably over a year. My friend mentioned bv to me so I went to the local clinic and asked them to test me for it. Came back positive and was treated with metronidazole. I was eventually curried. Fast forward 10 years and I've started with the same symptoms again. I'm coming back with negative uti samples. I've tried a short course (2 days) of metronidazole but it hasn't touched it at all. Im panicking as I can't let this drag on like it did last. Doctors don't seem to know anything about it and one last time eve suggested it was in my head.

• Posted

Curred not curried lol x
    • Posted

I know what you’re going through. I’m hoping this linger treatment will work. Trying to be positive. I’ve read a lot about BV and the bad bacteria creates a biofilm around it so the antibiotics can’t kill it. It’s crazy so they are still there when we finish our treatment. My acupuncture Dr. made me an antibiotic honey with essential oils that are know to break that barrier of bad bacteria. It’s suppose to be very effective I’m trying it now fingers crossed   If you’re interested I can give you info. 
  • Posted

Hi Danielle.. I just joined this forum. I wish I got to reply sooner to you.  I’ve had BV for over a year now off and on.  I kept thinking it was UTI. Was always negative but positive for BV. It feels like something pressing on my bladder but kind of to the right. Keep thinking it’s something else maybe. I think the infection can do that. Some days I feel normal and sometimes if I’m sitting it feels like a burning inside. I may go for test on my bladder.  Would love to hear your feedback and how you’re doing. I’m on metronidazole four months twice a month I get discouraged because it keeps coming back. 
  • Posted

They say not to use scented soaps etc if we’re prone to BV. I always use oils etc. 

so maybe it could be irritating. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.