BV? Vaginal Acne? Yeast Infection? I don't know anymore, please help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For almost 5 years now I've been dealing with these bumps on my vagina and I'm literally at my end. I still have no idea what exactly it is and I'm running out of things to do to get rid of them. I've read up on any and everything remotely close to my symptoms and now I'm just lost. When it first started, I was clueless and just used peroxide, didn't help. As time went on I used a few creams, didn't work. I even at one point used isopropyl alcohol on the bumps!

As of now, I'm currently doing Apple Cider Vinegar rinses as I read that it helps with vaginal discharge odors and I'm not too sure of the results, but it seems like this is all I have now. I'm scared and very, very insecure about this that I haven't even gone to the doctor or told anyone close to me. I've never been sexually active as I'm only 17 ( soon to be 18 and off to college, I really don't want to go off with this ), so I know for a fact it can't be an STD. 

I've read that some people have used tea tree oil, inserted vitamin c tablets and taken supplements to help regulate pH levels, but I haven't tried that yet. If anyone has, would you mind explaining how and what you've done? where you got it and etc.? thank you!

I was just wondering if someone could help me fix this or tell me what they've done to fix it. I'd really, really appreciate it and I thank everyone for any feedback.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Go to the doctor. plain and simple.

    I totally get that you're embarrassed about the situation. I waited months to see a doctor and tried guessing how to help myself before i gave in and went to one for just that reason. Going to the doctor at the very least will let you know what you're dealing with so you don't have to keep guessing. and there's nothing to be embarrassed about! This is the kind of stuff GYNOs are medically trained to deal with and promise you they won't judge or think you're weird. 

    If you don't want to tell your parents about what you're dealing with you can go to a planned parenthood and either ask to be seen confidentially or just tell them that you don't have any insurance. they have gynocologists who work there that should be able to help you figure out what is going on. 

    best of luck!

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Yes. Go to the doctor! You need to figure out what you're working with. And what if it's a simple fix with some kind of prescription? Waaaayyyyy better than trying a bunch of home remedies for the wrong ailment!

    I know it's embarrassing so take bee's advice if you want to keep your parents out of the loop.

    Your regular physician can help you or refer you to a specialist. If you don't like your physician....go to a different one til you find one you like and are comfortable being honest with. Google their name before going. There's a bunch of doctor review websites you can consult to see how their patients like them.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I agree you should go to the doctor....just so you know what your dealing....that way you can figure out a plan to treat the of luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    i agree with everyone i also go to the doctors and even if its not a cure for me its helping me with the symtoms of BV
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up