BV with no symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m going to make this long story as condensed as possible. A couple months back I was diagnosed with BV for the first time. Symptoms were present. Mainly the strong odor. Was given oral clyndamyacin and was fine. I was just diagnosed again, but with NO symptoms. This time I was given flaggyl. Ugh, what an awful drug. Couldn’t handle the pills. They gave me the gel instead and I haven’t been able to bring myself to use it. I am on day 5 of boric acid suppositories. Have been taking probiotics for a week and just bough fem dophilus today. I have been testing my ph level and it still at abnormal not showing much improvement. I am so stuck on what to do. I have ZERO symptoms, but don’t want to just ignore this. Do I just need to give this more time? I hate seeing that dark green color come up on the test strip 😕 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I’m in the same situation! I never had a strong odor though, just excessive yellow discharge. The flagyl made me super sick too, and I totally get not wanting to use the gel. I refuse to put anything down there because I feel it will be too harsh, even the boric acid. Haven’t been able to test my ph because I started bleeding so I’m sure im back tacking a bit. Make sure your probiotics have prebiotics in them so they will help your probiotics survive your GI tract. I’ve been drinking lots of lemon water, minimized my coffee intake and my sugar intake. Started taking coconut oil with Laurie acid caps orally as well as cinnamon and that’s helped. Make sure you let it breathe as much as possible. I would also stay away from antibiotics for a while. I was on metro for 1 week then doxy the next; I’m just totally switching my focus from killing the bad to replenishing the good because that’s really the problem here. Also it’s possible that you don’t have symptoms because you killed off majority of the bad bacteria and the gram stain just caught what’s left so I’d give it time and just focus on getting healthier! 
    • Posted

Thank you so much!! I was on doxy too with the flagyl and got the WORST yeast infection in my entire life. I’m done with these antibiotics that don’t do anything for me. I like your mindset of focusing on building up the positive bacteria and being healthier. 
  • Posted

Vitamin c with rosehips 1000mg x2 a day orally 

Vitamin d3 1 a day 

Plenty of water flush out your systems and your body will heal in no time.

Wash with water only and I cut back on white bread and alcohol And exercise twice week good luck x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.