BV won't go away, weird symptoms. Im desperate!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be putting this, but as I said, I am desperate. I am 17 years old, not sexually active and never have been, and I have had BV for about 2-3 years now. The only symptom I have ever had with BV was odd, sour, sometimes musty odour. I originally tried metronidazole, however, im not sure if that ever even cleared up the BV at all, but after it, i was experiencing strange symptoms with my discharge, which I assumed was still the BV. I went back to the doctors and they told me I had vaginal thrush, and prescribed me a vaginal cream to insert inside. A few months passed and I still had this odd smell, which I noticed mainly on my hand when I masturbated. I went back to the doctor again, and was given a single dose of fluconazole. That didn't work, so I went back again and got a triple, single dose of fluconazole (3x of the single dose tablet). That did not work either. Recently I went back to the doctor and was prescribed 400mg of metronidazole to take once with food, two times a day for a week. Im on my second day, however I'm pretty scared of it being ineffective, as I was reading up on it, and it seems that many people had this problem as well. My boyfriend is coming to visit me in two weeks and we plan on having sex for the first time, amongst other things, and I feel pretty nervous about it. I should also mention that I dont really have 'discharge' per se, as there is no spotting of it on my underwear, however, when I insert a finger into my vagina and take it out, theres an odd, very thick whitish-yellowish substance that smells sour and musty. There is never any smell otherwise. I decided to taste it out of curiosity and it basically just tastes very sour. I haven't tried any home remedies for the BV but I intent to do so if this course of metronidazole doesn't end up working. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it very much! I am so sick of this!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

it sounds like yeast infection as bv produces a fishy white watery discharge that soaks threw ur underwear thick yellow with a musty smell sounds like yeast the oral fluconazole never worked for me either i had to use an internal pessary

• Posted

It doesn't seem too likely because previous tests were positive for BV. I also dont have any irritation, itching or soreness.

• Posted

i always had a strong fishy smell and watery white discharge with mine it took 4 years to finally get rid of it as nothing works i had to have alternative antibiotics to get rid of it

• Posted

metrinonidiazole is also known for causing yeast infections once finished too so u may need to repeat yeast treatment after taking i got it everytime i did a corse

• Posted

Usually when you take medicine for bv more than twice it wont work . They even tell you it will come back in 4-8 weeks so i say try using Activia yogurt it really helps && You can order boric acid supplements online and they work .But the boric acid does kill all bacteria including good so eat more of that yogurt after using . The supplements did cause me to bleed but it wasn't that bad .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.