C Diff

Posted , 2 users are following.

I saw a post about C Diff from 3 years ago. Someone asked about if it could be worse in the morning than the evening. I was diagnosed today with C Diff & for me the answer is yes! Absolutely it is worse in the morning til 1-2pm. I cannot eat anything until 1 or after. It’s like I’m normal again. So strange. I feel like death and come afternoon/evening I want to eat toast, crackers and soup! I haven’t found an explanation for why it is severe in the morning. But, someone out there searching for answers. I wanted to say my 2 cents! I have had this for awhile and didn’t know it. It got really really bad in the past week. I have felt like I’m going insane or overthinking things and causing it upon myself. Today I found answers and it feels so great to know there is hope and I don’t need a padded room. The pain starts getting to your head! C Diff is so so awful ??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

Just wondering how you are doing? I know this post is 2 months old.

I was diganosed with C Diff yesterday. I dont know how long ive had it. Ive been dealing with nausea and diarrhea for the last 3 years. the nausea eventually became worse so i went to the ER 8 weeks ago and i had gallstones and had to have emergency GB surgery. Came through surgery fine, but continued to have nausea. Ive been in and out of the ER and they had no idea what was going on. I finally saw a GI doctor this past Wednesday. She did bloodwork and also a stool test. Well she called last night and said that I tested positive for C Diff.

So here I am. I just finished day 1 of Metronidozole (brand name Flagyl) The pills taste nasty, but i manage to swallow them. I have to take it for 14 days, 3 times a day. My nausea today actually calmed down a little. Still there but not as bad. I also started taking a probiotic today. I have read that its not easy to get rid of the C Diff bacteria. I pray that I get over this quickly and it doesnt come back. I also pray this is the cause of my constant nausea. I havent worked since i had my GB surgery and i really need to go back to work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.