C.Diff

Posted , 8 users are following.

Spent all day yesterday on the commode with diarrhea n cramping. Thought it might be fried piece of catfish.   Fell off the commode n passed out. Husband who’s a dr wanted to call ambulance   Very faint pulse. In ER they did CT scan of abdomen which still showed Diverticulitis n sigmoid colon Another of my head since I have fainted 3x. Head was fine   EKG and Blood work good. White count not elevated   But guess what?  I have C.Dif. Admitted.to hospital   Fluids and Vacomycin  Bentyl   Surgeon came in to talk bout surgery in the future   He’s not in any hurry n wouldn’t touch me with C. diff   I will be here till Wed or Thurs 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have not had C Diff. My mom had it once and was admitted to the hospital. Prayers for quick healing!!
  • Posted

Jayne was you still on  Antibotics or just got open and for how long before you s

Got CDiff

• Posted

I was on a total of 6 weeks from May to aug   
  • Posted

I feel your pain. The 1st time I went to the ER, I passed out waiting in the dang line to check in. Next thing I know I was in the back and the Dr asking me where I was hurting. After a CT scan which confirmed diverticulitis, I started to flatline. I suffered through multiple attacks, the antibiotics before my insurance approved the surgery. I had an open cut sigmoid colectomy where they removed 4" of my colon. Am going on 4 months post op, other than surgery pain I no longer suffer from the diverticulitis symptoms. It was 18 months of hell, something I would never wish on my worst enemy. Because I had sepsis it's going to take a full year before I'm completely healed. You're lucky to be married to a doctor.

• Posted

Boy you all’s are scaring the daylights out of me with all this with Sepsis  and CDIFF
    • Posted

I'm unfortunate that I'm on low income insurance. Not that I'm "knocking" it because it's better than having nothing. They tend to hand out pills like candy instead of trying to find the source and heal it. My surgeon said they should've kept me my 1st attack (which they wouldn't because of the type of low income insurance), did a full on colonoscopy and they would've found the problem. Also the GI doctor who did a colonoscopy 4 1/2 months later stopped when he found 3 inflamed diverticula, if he would've went 2" further he would've found extensive scarring/blockages, and holes in my colon. A lot of my issues and severity of the disease I blame my insurance. It wasn't until I suffered 14+ attacks in 11 months I told my doctor I wouldn't survive another the insurance decided to approve the surgery.

• Posted

Wow jayne I'm glad you went to hospital how strange 1 day of diarrhea and diagnosis of C diff I have had diarrhea for over 3 weeks now and been tested 3 times for C diff all have come back negative I hope the antibiotics don't mess with you to bad You are in my prayers 😁!!!!!!!

• Posted

Jayne, what is C Diff? Is this a condition that is related to DD? Hope you are on the mend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.