C-diff

Posted , 10 users are following.

I want to inform everyone on this forum about C-diff. This is an infection that causes diarrhea,and is deadly. Most everyone probably never heard of C-diff,including myself. I have had this infection for 4 months lost 14 months.This is how my Infectious Disease Dr, explained this . An antibiotic Clyndomycin by name is notorious for getting this infection. I had an tooth problem my dentist now prescribed this antibiotic,and that was the start for a 4 month infection . I am starting to feel better now,but still don't know if i will get a relapse.So my message is don't take antibiotic Clyndomycin!!! Be aware !!!

frank,

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Like MRSA, C difficile is a notorious infection that can be picked up in hospital

• Posted

I've had C diff twice. was hospitalized for 5 days. It's also quite contagious, wife got it as well....twice.

Normal hand sanitizers are ineffective in killing the germ. Must use genuine antibiotic soap!

• Posted

I also had c-diff, deadly sick for 5 months, hospitalized and ended up have a fecal transplant. After rounds of antibiotics, I wish someone would of informed me about the risks of antibiotics. Now using antibiotics in the future could trigger relapse. Be aware.

• Posted

just remember to tell each doctor you may encounter that you have had C diff!

• Posted

My mother had been hospitalized following a heart attack. She was on two heavy duty antibiotics for an extended time in the hospital. She went to rehab, came home and seemed to be doing well. Just a few days after stopping the antibiotic, the C-Diff (Clostridium Difficle ) took over, and she died three days later from it, as they didn't diagnose it at first.

For someone with chronic, there is an effective treatment using a fecal transplant. There are only a few doctors doing it, but it has a very good success rate. Search [fecal transplant] for more info.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your mother. Yes I was one of the fortunate ones to receive the fecal transplant and it was a success. I was very fortunate to find it in my area. Still pretty new. I did a lot of researching on it.

• Posted

My mother had been hospitalized following a heart attack. She was on two heavy duty antibiotics for an extended time in the hospital. She went to rehab, came home and seemed to be doing well. Just a few days after stopping the antibiotic, the C-Diff (Clostridium Difficle ) took over, and she died three days later from it, as they didn't diagnose it at first.

For someone with chronic, there is an effective treatment using a fecal transplant. There are only a few doctors doing it, but it has a very good success rate. Search [fecal transplant] for more info.

• Posted

My father died of a C-diff infection he picked up in a Veterans Home. It put him in intensive care only 12 hours after symptoms started, and he was gone within 10 days without ever regaining consciousness. He might've survived if the hospital hadn't taken 3 days to correctly diagnose it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.