c.o.p.d

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a co2 retainer am end stage c.o.p.d and my condition means i can only use 1ltre off oxygen 8 hrs each night while sleeping. Is their anyone with a simular condition , i am not long out of hospital with another flare up has anyone got advice on the subject.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think I might have copd I'm still waiting on my results. But my question is . is there anything the relieve the symptoms of shortness of breath. ?

• Posted

Welcome barney1

This is the COPD forum so many here either have COPD diagnosed, although are not diagnosed and some are carers of someone diagnosed.  However we are not all on oxygen, nor all at 'end stage'

What is you wanted advice on?  The flare up recovery or the oxygen?

I am not on oxygen but here in UK you only get prescribed oxygen after an arteriel blood gas test and only if that shows that oxygen is required.  From there, the patient is prescribed a particular dose and literage.  Patients use their oxygen as prescribed to them.

A couple of links below may be of help to you:

https://patient.info/health/acute-exacerbations-flare-ups-of-copd

https://patient.info/doctor/use-of-oxygen-therapy-in-copd

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, it is difficult going after flare ups, never mind the down time. I have oxygen during the day, but am able to cope at night, reduction of oxygen when doing activities oxygen levels drop dramatically. I have also found exacerbation are the pits, it is much harder to get back on track. If you are anywhere you can avail yourself of a puluminary rehab group usually run out of health centres or hospitals. Take heart, you are not alone, wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.