C reactive protein

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I recently had blood tests done due to chest pain. All the results came back normal apart from c reactive protein which was <5 and 120 creatinine what does this mean how do i lower it. what part of the body is this affecting? sorry doctor didn't really explain just kept saying i'm fine and send to drink more water but i already drink loads. 

any help appreciated  and="" 120="" creatinine="" what="" does="" this="" mean="" how="" do="" i="" lower="" it.="" what="" part="" of="" the="" body="" is="" this="" affecting?="" sorry="" doctor="" didn't="" really="" explain="" just="" kept="" saying="" i'm="" fine="" and="" send="" to="" drink="" more="" water="" but="" i="" already="" drink="" loads. ="" any="" help="">

any help appreciated >

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Optimal levels are 0.55 mg/L in men, and 1.0 mg/L in women. This test is a marker of inflammation in the body. To lower CRP, exercise, ginger, green tea, magnesium, probiotics, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamins C, D, E, and Zinc help. I suspect mine is high, since I have been sick for awhile. Have you recently been sick? 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Yh that's why I went hospital been feeling really faint since Monday and sore throat and I've had sinus issues for months. The doctor didn't seem too worried he said all the other results were fine and the ecg was fine but reading up on it making me really worried as says chance of heart attack
    • Posted

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I can't believe that's all he offered! Are you scheduled for a revisit? If you start feeling worse, or not getting better in a couple days, I would definitely go back. Hope it goes away! 
    • Posted

Yh all he said was drink water and make appointment with gp. Don't know how he can say bloods are fine when that's high
    • Posted

Because he doesn't want to deal with it! It's unconscionable how we get treated and blown off nowadays! Have to make pests of ourselves! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.