C-section vs Open Myomectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all. I was just wondering if there are ladies out there who had both a c-section and a open myomectomy. How does it compare in terms of pain and recovery period. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi IBEX,

I had two c-section before I had open myomectomy, they are not the same thing at all. Open myomectomy recovery time is longer than cs and is quiet painful. It also depend on the size and position of the fibroids

I wish you all the best.

• Posted

I had the same question. After having a open myomectomy i considering having a kid thorough c section. I don't think i could go through the same pain while dealing with a new born😔😢😩😳😧😦😭😭😭😭. From 0-10 what would you give open myomectomy vs c-section👀????🤔

Thank you🙄

• Posted

Hi Pam,

The joy of holding your baby in your arms always overwhelming and is easy for you to forget the pain of cs.

Surgeon do work on you during myomectomy procedure, they need to detach and cut off fibroids where necessary while cs is just for the baby to come out.

In comparison cs - myomectomy

4 -  9. Based on my personal experience.

• Posted

Thanks for these encouraging words Cecilia. I feel a little bit better now and it makes sense. My doc also told me your body produces various hormones during the birth process that aids with healing (don't know how accurate that is) so the pain is less and healing process easier. And as you said you have a wonderful new human being in your arms 😊

• Posted

I thought the same it's procedures. Thank you🙄🙌🏾🙏🏾

• Posted

happy to fine This. I had a Bursts C-section and just got my Fibroid through to C-section. I also see that there’s a big difference and the recovery is very different. I feel that my cut is tingling and like when I gave birth. I also feel the recovery time for my bowl is taking longer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.