C T Scan

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am due to have a c t scan soon on my sinuses. Has anyone got any advice on how to cope with the noise of the scanner as the last time I had it done it left me feeling very anxious. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennyann,

I just had a CT Scan done for my sinuses. This was just the Thursday that passed. Because it is for the face, it was very fast and barely took only a few minutes. I don't recall the machine being too noisy in the process though. So hopefully because the process will be fast, you will not be too affected overall. All the best! 

• Posted

Hi yeep63334

Thank you for telling me about your cat scan. I have just had mine done. As you said it was over in a few minutes. I don't know why I was so scared.Thank you for replying to my post, and I hope both our out comes are positive.

• Posted

That's great to hear. I see my doc this coming Wednesday about that scan. Hopefully it shows the gunk in my right maxillary sinus has not begun to build up again. I won't want to go through another surgery so quickly. Hope yours will be fine too! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.