C4-C5 AND C5-C6 DISC HERNIATION * MRI RESULTS*

Posted , 4 users are following.

im 27 year old male now I been experiencing new neck/shoulder blade/elbow issue for about 6-12 months. just now worked with a sport Chiro and tried 8 weeks off and only cardio to get it fixed.... no relief... can't do upper body it gives me a pulling shoulder blade issue going to the elbow with a stiff neck.... the ni ended up almost tripping and catching my step that left my right knee in pain which has gotten way better than 9 weeks ago but still have aches throughout day... and night.... talk about horrible horrible literally horrible luck.... I lost my whole shredded mass look and all. it really does suck

just got my MRI back.... today..... and it states....

FINDINGS: A reduced lordotic curvature is noted. No intramedullary bony lesions are present. The spinal cord is normal in caliber and signal intensity. There is no evidence of intraspinal or paraspinal masses, or spinal stenosis. The adjacent soft tissues are unremarkable in appearance.

The craniocervical junction is intact. 

The visualized posterior fossa structures, base of the skull, and C1/2 level are within normal limits.

At the C2/3 and C3/4 levels, the disk spaces are maintained. The disks are well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neuroforamina are patent

At the C4/5 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. A 1.5 mm disk herniation is seen with an annular fissure (sequence 102, image 6) encroaching on the anterior subarachnoid space and both neuroforamina. Mild anterior vertebral spurring is noted.

At the C5/6 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. A 1 mm disk herniation is seen encroaching on the anterior subarachnoid space and both neuroforamina. Mild anterior vertebral spurring is noted.

At the C6/7 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. Posterolateral bulging of the disk is seen to the right with foraminal encroachment.

At the C7/T1 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neuroforamina are patent.

IMPRESSION:

DISK HERNIATION AT C4/5 AND C5/6 LEVELS. 2. DISK BULGE C6/7 LEVEL. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When I was 26 I suffered cervical disc prolapse x2. Levels 5/6 and 6/7 right triceps,Pec and lat weakness. I am now 55 still get neck ache. Above mentioned muscle have come back to 80 percent. I find the Band pull aparts excellent for easing tension. Look up Athlean x on you tube.
  • Posted

Hi

I am not a medic but it appears you have disc degeneration and bone spurs that are conducive to osteoarthritis with referred pain, even though you are young.

There is no cure for osteoarthritis but there are ways of dealing with it such as physiotherapy, medication, ointments, diet, exercise all can be found online.

No doubt your physician has made recommendations to you.

There are many online videos too.

Good luck.........

• Posted

THANKS....

is it that serious an whats best way to cure to get back to working out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.