CA-125

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I’m new to the group. I just had an appt with my gp and my CA-125 marker came back as 42. Is it very high? I’ve always suffered with pcos. Does pcos affect the reading?

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had mine done last years and was under 35 which the normal mark  is 35.  Your is 42 is not that high but consult your doctor perhaps you need to repeated sometimes those blood tubes sits and can alter protein  in it stuff. When my doctor did that test told me is not fully accurate / reliable . You need to repeated. I hope this is some help.  I also I  had a hormone test prolactin and when I took it was very high and she repeated within a week and a half and was back to normal and the difference was the time of the month . I hope this help and call your doctor and have him/her evaluated. 
  • Posted

Hi Elke,

I don't think 42 sounds high. I was at 10 and my doctor said I was fine. I know someone with cancer and she had it in the thousands. So, you probably have nothing to worry about. 

• Posted

Hi! I just had a CA-125 test recently, so I know a bit about it. The normal value of CA-125 is between 0-35, but small increase in its value can occur when you are around ovulation or during your menstruation.

Why did you do a CA-125 test in the first place?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.