Cabergoline side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys im just looking if anyone can tell me how long it takes for the side effects if cabergoline to go away? 

Iv taken th 3 years ago for 3 years and was dine bit this time round feel really sick and like iv been hit by a bus 

Aching legs and arms i feel like i could be sick any second really really dizzy and seak and my eyes feel stingy and like spaced out. 

Very strange because first time around i was fine xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Personally I haven't had any major side effects on cabergoline besides at first nausea feeling. I take mine at night right before I go to bed. I've been on cabergoline now for about 4 years. Currently I take it twice a week but there was a time when I took it 5 days a week.

• Posted

Thanku for your reply. Just wondering how long the nausea took to settle? I feel wuite down aswel xxx
  • Posted

Probably only like a few weeks.
    • Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

• Posted

hello, I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. this medication can be a real bummer. how are your symptoms are you feeling any better?

• Posted

I have tried Cabergoline and it had the most extreme side-effects: dreadful hopelessness and depression, nervousness, drowsiness. Generally I felt completely awful, but the symptoms were more psychological than physical.

I had some dizziness.

I was then prescribed Quinagolide which I have been on for quite a few years, and that seems better. Sometimes I feel sick and it has some other physical side-effects, such as constipation and indigestion, but not the dreadful despair that resulted from the Cabergoline.

I am in Melbourne, Australia, and I have just been told that they are no longer making Quinagolide.

I have seen an endocrinologist - I go to a hospital Out-patients Clinic - and he says that nothing can be done about it. There is no Quinagolide anywhere in Australia any more.

Apparently the drug companies just are not making it any more.

The endocrinologist has prescribed Bromocriptine, but I haven't started taking it yet. I am terrified of taking Bromocriptine, which could be worse even than Cabergoline.

I have also posted this on another thread, in case someone is following it.

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Did your mental issues get worse or better on either. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

• Posted

I have tried Cabergoline and it had the most extreme side-effects: dreadful hopelessness and depression, nervousness, drowsiness. Generally I felt completely awful, but the symptoms were more psychological than physical.

I had some dizziness.

I was then prescribed Quinagolide which I have been on for quite a few years, and that seems better. Sometimes I feel sick and it has some other physical side-effects, such as constipation and indigestion, but not the dreadful despair that resulted from the Cabergoline.

I am in Melbourne, Australia, and I have just been told that they are no longer making Quinagolide.

I have seen an endocrinologist - I go to a hospital Out-patients Clinic - and he says that nothing can be done about it. There is no Quinagolide anywhere in Australia any more.

Apparently the drug companies just are not making it any more.

The endocrinologist has prescribed Bromocriptine, but I haven't started taking it yet. I am terrified of taking Bromocriptine, which could be worse even than Cabergoline.

I have also posted this on another thread, in case someone is following it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.