Caffeine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I have two questions.

I am under treatment for hypothyroidism, the main symptom, as usual, debilitating tiredness. This has been going on for a while and the endo is still trying different doses.

My first question is whether others in a similar situation find that they are more tired in the morning and somewhat less so as the day goes on, as do I. And if so, any insights as to why that might be?

Second Question: has anyone any experience with caffeinated sports drinks or similar to combat the tiredness?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As with any other drink containing caffeine it is dependence on a drug. The disadvantage with these is that they also contain other harmful substances. Tea or weak coffee are better.

Homeopathic medicines treat the total symptom picture including tiredness in the morning.We don't have to know why, we just match the symptoms of the remedy with the symptoms of the patient for cure to begin.

• Posted

I am tired until around noon time, I make myself get up and then I will drink a Pepsi and then I will get a little energy, but not much, and I take 125mcg of levo.
  • Posted

I started taking levo during the night when i usually wake to go to the toilet around 4/5am and found it greatly reduced my morning fatigue.
  • Posted

AS WITH MARY59914 I TOO HAVE STATRTED TAKING MY LEVO AT NIGHT AND FIND THIS SLIGHTLY IMPROVES THE TREDNESS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.