Calcification in the right lower pelvis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I recently had an X-ray and Ct done at the emergency room. Findings on Xray were I was constipated but due to the amount of pressure and pain I am still having I am curious to what noting of a calcification and appendicolith means? See below

Finding- There is a 1 to 2 mm calcification in the

right lower pelvis, which corresponds with an appendicolith on

the prior CT

Well, there was never any calcification noted on the CT scan findings. I am sure it means nothing but  can anyone tell me what this means? 

Thank you 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, I just googled this and it came up with the following:-

Appendicolith | Radiology Reference Article | Radiopaedia.org https://radiopaedia.org/articles/appendicolith An appendicolith is a calcified deposit within the appendix. They are present in a large number of children with acute appendicitis and may be an incidental finding on an abdominal radiograph or CT. ... On abdominal radiograph or CT, a high attenuation stone may be seen in the right ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.