Calf injury ? strain? clot? nerve damage?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay guys I need help. About 4 days ago I was playing football and  I apparently recieved a calf injury I think? I was fine and continued to play the game as there was no intial pain...however I noticed weakness in my right calf area. I went home showered and went to sleep. On waking up, I saw no bruising....minor swelling if any, but some stiffness. What I did notice was while it didn't cause any major discomfort to touch, there was a specfic spot near center of my calf that did have a dull pain...a little sharper when contracted. At first I couldn't bear much weight as I rose on my tippy toes, but after some compression and ice...I feel stronger everyday...in fact the only pain is still in that spot in my calf. there is no bruising or discoloration, but just a small bit of pain when i rise on my tippy toes.. What exactly do you think is going on?? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does it look inflamed? You said you had or thought you had an injury, were you kicked? If its still hurting I would have been inclined to see GP just to put your mind at rest, I'm sure that it will be fine but no harm in checking

• Posted

not really ...it looks fine..a slight lump which has gone away..in fact...right now the pain is almost gone
  • Posted

if you were not hit, I would expect a muscle strain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.