Calf Pain, Fluttering, Charley Horse

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, all. I'm new here, and wondering if anyone is/has experienced calf pain during peri menopause?  I am experiencing it in just my left calf, to the point I thought I had a blood clot.  A DVT was ruled out.  Now I'm thinking this is just another symptom of the craziness of peremenopause.  I bought multivitamins, along with magnesium and calcium supplements yesterday.  Any thoughts or advice from y'all would be appreciated!  Thanks!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alice, I had the same thing, although was worse in the arches of my feet.  I started taking magnesium and it made a huge difference in a short period of time.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Alice. I do recall having that sort of pain quite a while ago. It came and went. We sure do have many weird things happening to us don't we. As long as they come and GO I think we be all ok and things will settle down when we stop having periods or should improve and stop all these horrible symptoms. I also started magnesium liquid today also. I hope that pain goes away for you soon

• Posted

Yes! I currently have that right now. Mostly my left leg and i thought i was going to have a Charlie horse the other night in bed. I actually asked the same thing on here lol. Also, the spasms feel almost like popcorn popping under my skin. So annoying. 
    • Posted

Yes, so annoying!  It's all been progressive over the course of 2 months.  First the fluttering... then shooting pain every once in awhile.  Now my calf just aches.  I had myself convinced it was a bloodclot after googling my symptoms.   Glad I am not alone, and hope you find relief soon! smile

• Posted

I've been to the hospital twice in the past 3 months bc of anxiety making me think I'm having a heart attack and they've checked for blood clots as well. Thank goodness all has been fine...but it still makes you think it's something serious every time it happens. I'm sure it's just the crazy hormones. I'll be so glad when this is all over. I hope you feel some relief soon too! 

• Posted

Yes. Last year sent me to the vascular doctor twice to have ultrasound on my left calf. I was convinced I had a DVT because of pain in my calf plus I had just started BHRT. Of course nothing was found.

• Posted

Thanks, Suzanne! Helps to know I'm not alone.  Hope you are doing better!

• Posted

Hi Alice, I use to get calf pain with my periods not sure if it was something to do with the menopause but haven't had it for a while now..I use to think I might have a blood clot of some kind or just maybe it was the crazy menopause doing no idea..if it ever comes back I would tell my Dr this time, I hope it goes away soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.