calf pain help!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

im going crazy   with pain in my calf it like a cramp pain im 11mths post revision  i had this a few weeks ago and it lasted a good week but its back again i was out for a walk this morning with hubby and even the knee felt comfortable  came home and an hour later we were going to lunch near by so we were walking up the road and the calf was as tight as a ducks a**  why is it happening ?   and more important how do i get rid of the tightness ? its like i was kicked by a horse i can hadly walk any sugestions welcome thanks

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you stretching calf muscles, hamstrings and quads before your walk - on a long walk stop half way and strech and again to cool off at the end - might help. 

Sip a drink every few minutes too especially if you are sweating.

• Posted

as i said to jennifer i have not . id say sweating is not a problem here with the worst summer in living memory id be more likely to freeze or drown   haha !!!! but i get where your coming from   you know that no matter how many posts we do with advice and problem solving we need each other to help remind us the little things we forget to do as we go back to normal living ,thats why i love this forum x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.