Calf pain, tingling, twitching cramping going on for 7-8 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

27 year old male here, 5 feet 7 about 175 lbs. 

Hey curious here as to what is happening. The issue is mainly on the medial side of the leg / calf primarily. Twitching occurs a lot but these are painless and sometimes they could be fine twitches but also can be hard twitches. I put this off as to anxiety as the twitches do occur throughout the body but mainly in the affected area. 

Tingling feeling is on medial side of calf but extends out into inside of the leg, mainly backside. Feels sensitive. 

Pain is there daily, putting pressure on it makes it hurt. Walking can be brutal at times especially distances. Pain hits almost every time I walk and then slight cramping starts which makes me slow down or have to stop for a bit. I stretch a little and then start walking again, which still hurts but the main point of all of this is to not cramp. 

At rest I can feel the pain, tingling and twitching too but it's not as bad and doesn't really cramp at rest. cramping only occurs really with walking. 

What could this be? I doubt it's a clot. last time I saw a doc he said it wasn't. I've been massaged, squeezed everything there if it was a clot I'd be dead by now. Doc initially thought strain but that was 6 or so months ago. Any help would help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My "pulls" or muscle spasms are due from back degenerative disks. Only surgery with screws and plates can cure it ( per the neurokogist )

Also the spasms hurt tremendously. I have to use a rolling pen to rolls over quad when this happens.

Hope you get better.

• Posted

Hey thanks for the response. A couple of questions. degenerative disks on the back, how common would that be for a decently in shape 27 year old male? My issues are also more on the calf with small symptoms in the inner thigh. 
    • Posted

Hi there I can totally relate to you! I have exact same symptoms, a bit of a relief to find someone experiencing the same thing! I am a 23 year old female, again in relatively good shape, and have Been experiencing these cramps/pain/tight feeling in calfs.

I have been tested 3 times now for a blood clot and all came back negative... Even after this I still was not convinced! I have had loads of other tests done and everything has came back ok.

I have put this down to anxiety and find that upping the amount of water I drink has really helped. I drink a lot of juice and fizzy drinks which I know is no good for you so by drinking more water I feel like it has really made a huge difference to me!

Funnily enough today the pain has came back but again I think it's down to lack of water.

Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.