Skip to content
Ad

Cramps

Also known as Leg Cramps

All discussions in this group

Next
  • upper thigh muscle cramps

Last night at 11:00 I got really severe muscle cramps in both my upper thighs. They came and went for over an hour. I was totally in the worst pain ever. My husband tried to help me take a warm bath besides drinking 2 bottles of water The pain would come approx. every 5 seconds It went up into my vagina...

Last reply
  • Leg cramps

I started having inner thigh cramps for the first time early this year at first I thought I wasn't drinking enough water but like literally about 15 to 20 mins ago the leg cramps came back for about 10 mins I was in so much pain but every time I go to stretch it's like I gets worst I'm trying...

Last reply
  • Terrible leg / shin pain for 6 months now

Hi all, new to this forum but thought I would give it a try for some advice.  For about 6 months now, I have had severe pain in my right leg. The problem is very hard to describe, it is almost like shin splints but soooo much worse. I have had shin splints years ago at school when I used to be...

Last reply
  • Left leg issues

So 11 months ago I woke up to extreme pain in my left leg, I tried to get up to go to the bathroom but soon as I went to put my foot down my whole leg caused this extreme pain and my calf muscle was tight as heck and would not relax. My children actually thought my husband was killing me it was that...

Posted
  • Thigh muscle cramp

I have often had calf muscle cramp, but this is easily dealt with by walking about. However, last night I had a thigh muscle cramp which was far more acute than anything I had had before. The pain was excruciating and lasted ten minutes. My face went grey and I almost fainted. I couldn't walk...

Last reply
  • i have very severe leg cramps in both thighs at the same time

The cramps occur after laying down on the sofa watching TV. I am all tight laying down but as soon as I stand upright both legs feel like they are in a vise. I cannot move and while I try they do not move. The cramps are in both front thighs above the knee. I usually take a bunch of bady chewable...

Posted
  • Long term severe chronic thigh spasms/cramping

For years I have had debilitating thigh cramps.  Usually at night or in the morning if I stretch or move to fast. They are so intense Iam crying, diggingmy fingers into the cramp so hard I leave massive bruises which only alleviate the pain slightly but better then nothing.  I have tried all...

Last reply
  • Painful Leg Cramps!!!

Since my early 20's I've been dealing with extremely excruating leg cramps while I'm sleeping. I wake up screaming , not able to move and just have to go through the motions of dealing with the debilitating pain and then having pain on my legs for one to two days, where I walk with a limp....

Last reply
  • Another cure for Muscles

A man at work said he had these cramps and he drinks a low sugar drink like gatorade for the electrolites, and it stopped them. I read calcium, magnesium, and electrolite deficiencies could be the common denominator. I agree it could be related to the kidneys too. Using these mentioned remedies sure...

Posted
  • Cramps and muscle spasms

Painful muscle spasms inner thighs / groin. They wake me if I move or stretch wrong.i can be sitting on side of bed and from no where the strike. So very paint full. I'm to the point of making an appointment with Dr. Muscle relaxers help some.only way to make them stop is to force my self to stand...

Last reply
  • Night Cramps

I am 29 and male. Have been suffering for nearly a year now with cramps in both my legs. This happens always when I am at sleep and the pain is truly paralyzing and I can not walk properly for 1 or 2 days. I wake up screaming and can not move. The cramp lasts for 4-5 minutes and some time longer....

Last reply
  • Muscular Pain or DVT (Blood Clot)

A couple nights ago, I suddenly woke up to my whole right leg feeling as stiff as a brick. After a couple seconds, the feeling went away, but ever since then, when I flex my foot towards my knee, my calf has pain in it. Also to note, the bottom of my foot and my toes hurt on my right foot and I have...

Last reply
  • Foot cramp.

I've been getting foot cramp recently. Wife says it's best to point toes up to stretch muscle at back of leg. Seems to work but is their any way to prevent cramp in the first place- pills, food, exercise etc?

Last reply
  • Will acupuncture help my muscle spasm ?

I've been suffering from muscle spasm on my back for a while now.I've tried a hell lot of medicine and treatments,it aint working. I cant even lift small objects from ground now. My friend suggested me to try Acupuncture. Is it helpful ? will the pain be bearable ? Can anyone share any previous...

Posted
  • Severe Muscle Spasms

I know the only relief I ever got was when Walmart used to sell Ieg cramps with quinine pills.They have the same leg cramps bottle but it no longer has quinine.I also know not drinking enough just water has alot to do with it.I get these god awful spasms everywhere & it's almost more than I can...

Posted
  • leg cramps at night

Hello there, i have ahd a problem with leg cramps/feet cramps only at night, especially when it gets cold.  My doctor says i just need to have my husband massage my legs and feet.  i take the over the counter herbal leg and feet cramps tablets that i put under my tongue before bed.  they...

Last reply
  • peripheral vascular disease

i was diagnosed with peripheral vascular disease 18 months ago,i had stopped smoking and taking aspirin and simvastatin,i have started smoking again,i go to the gym on the treadmill and bike how will this help ?and I know without a doubt you will tell me to quit the cigerettes so hard though when I was...

Last reply
  • Exercise induced calf muscle cramps - Help

Cyclist - 68, years young with no cartialage left in the left ankle; also vien removed from left leg 12, years ago.  I'm getting cramp in both calf muscles when cycling up hill; and when using a higher cadance while road cycling. Before anyone say's keep hydrated; I drink continually while...

Last reply
  • Knee cramped up, can't straighten leg or stand up

8 years back, I began having this issue where, if i bend my right leg back a certain point or squat, it'll immediately result in a very painful cramp, I cannot straighten my leg or walk at all. So I've been frightened to bend my leg, because the pain is too unbearable. The pain is located behind...

Last reply
  • Frequent leg/toes/finger cramps.

I have recently started suffering from quite bad cramp attacks, say over the last 18 months or so. I am now on Simvastatin for Cholesterol reduction and more recently on a Seretiide inhaler for Asthma control. Both these I think have increased the frequency and strength of my cramps which are now very...

Last reply
  • left knee pain

om thursday i had a pain in my knee ,on friday it felt swollen and could hardly bend it,on satyrday is fine again ?

Posted
  • leg cramps

It certainly seems the more i stretch my legs and the straighter i keep them at night has produced an amazing decrease of cramps i was having, I am suffering from plantar faciatis and have been exercising calf and leg muscles as much as possible and rarely  had any cramps since starting exercise...

Last reply
  • Don't forget the pickle juice:))

Really - it's saved my life a few times.  I have back/hip problems now too, but my inner thigh cramps started long ago.  I keep dill pickle juice by my nightstand and have only had to use it twice in the past year.  But I keep it there anyhow, just in case.  My doctor said the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.