Skip to content

Cramps

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • roberta22402 2

upper thigh muscle cramps

Last night at 11:00 I got really severe muscle cramps in both my upper thighs. They came and went for over an hour. I was totally in the worst pain ever. My husband tried to help me take a warm bath besides drinking 2 bottles of water The pain would come approx. every 5 seconds It went up into my vagina...

130 replies 13 votes Last reply
  • anne14685 1
  • harrison48092 2

Will acupuncture help my muscle spasm ?

I've been suffering from muscle spasm on my back for a while now.I've tried a hell lot of medicine and treatments,it aint working. I cant even lift small objects from ground now. My friend suggested me to try Acupuncture. Is it helpful ? will the pain be bearable ? Can anyone share any previous experience...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • TLJ53 2
  • Doug53 2

Foot cramp.

I've been getting foot cramp recently. Wife says it's best to point toes up to stretch muscle at back of leg. Seems to work but is their any way to prevent cramp in the first place- pills, food, exercise etc?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Thigh muscle cramp

I have often had calf muscle cramp, but this is easily dealt with by walking about. However, last night I had a thigh muscle cramp which was far more acute than anything I had had before. The pain was excruciating and lasted ten minutes. My face went grey and I almost fainted. I couldn't walk and...

300 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • TLJ53 2

Severe Muscle Spasms

I know the only relief I ever got was when Walmart used to sell Ieg cramps with quinine pills.They have the same leg cramps bottle but it no longer has quinine.I also know not drinking enough just water has alot to do with it.I get these god awful spasms everywhere & it's almost more than I can stand.Everytime...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • karen93710 2

leg cramps at night

Hello there, i have ahd a problem with leg cramps/feet cramps only at night, especially when it gets cold.  My doctor says i just need to have my husband massage my legs and feet.  i take the over the counter herbal leg and feet cramps tablets that i put under my tongue before bed.  they work but not...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • roberta22402 2
  • ann141 1

peripheral vascular disease

i was diagnosed with peripheral vascular disease 18 months ago,i had stopped smoking and taking aspirin and simvastatin,i have started smoking again,i go to the gym on the treadmill and bike how will this help ?and I know without a doubt you will tell me to quit the cigerettes so hard though when I was...

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Night Cramps

I am 29 and male. Have been suffering for nearly a year now with cramps in both my legs. This happens always when I am at sleep and the pain is truly paralyzing and I can not walk properly for 1 or 2 days. I wake up screaming and can not move. The cramp lasts for 4-5 minutes and some time longer....

30 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Pearlydoo 2
  • Nytsom 2

Exercise induced calf muscle cramps - Help

Cyclist - 68, years young with no cartialage left in the left ankle; also vien removed from left leg 12, years ago.  I'm getting cramp in both calf muscles when cycling up hill; and when using a higher cadance while road cycling. Before anyone say's keep hydrated; I drink continually while cycling. Tried...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • AhDebra 1

Knee cramped up, can't straighten leg or stand up

8 years back, I began having this issue where, if i bend my right leg back a certain point or squat, it'll immediately result in a very painful cramp, I cannot straighten my leg or walk at all. So I've been frightened to bend my leg, because the pain is too unbearable. The pain is located behind my knee,...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Crampon. 1

Frequent leg/toes/finger cramps.

I have recently started suffering from quite bad cramp attacks, say over the last 18 months or so. I am now on Simvastatin for Cholesterol reduction and more recently on a Seretiide inhaler for Asthma control. Both these I think have increased the frequency and strength of my cramps which are now very...

• lauren53901 1
  • pearl81624 1
  • davidw1967 1

left knee pain

om thursday i had a pain in my knee ,on friday it felt swollen and could hardly bend it,on satyrday is fine again ?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Miraclesmommy 2
  • Miraclesmommy 2
  • Miraclesmommy 2
  • dennis08367 2

leg cramps

It certainly seems the more i stretch my legs and the straighter i keep them at night has produced an amazing decrease of cramps i was having, I am suffering from plantar faciatis and have been exercising calf and leg muscles as much as possible and rarely  had any cramps since starting exercise regiment.Good...

• veronica50739 2

Don't forget the pickle juice:))

Really - it's saved my life a few times.  I have back/hip problems now too, but my inner thigh cramps started long ago.  I keep dill pickle juice by my nightstand and have only had to use it twice in the past year.  But I keep it there anyhow, just in case.  My doctor said the cramps aren't life threatening,...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dennis08367 2

Cramps

For those of you who use tonic,Vintage makes tonic with quinine.

• andrew98548 2

on of my legs feels different

so for the past little while right eg feels different than the other, i dont know how to describe the sensation, i dont walk differently because of it. there is no tingling or numbness ever in that leg unless i sit on it incorrectly.  then when i lay down at night its almost as if when i breathe in...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sony17 2

Calf pain, tingling, twitching cramping going on for 7-8 months

27 year old male here, 5 feet 7 about 175 lbs.  Hey curious here as to what is happening. The issue is mainly on the medial side of the leg / calf primarily. Twitching occurs a lot but these are painless and sometimes they could be fine twitches but also can be hard twitches. I put this off as to anxiety...

• Bostonpro 2

Calf pull that just won't go away

about 2 months ago I pulled my calf muscle getting off the couch.  I was sitting with my right leg under me and when I stood up wow did it hurt.  For the next few days it was pretty soar.  It was red and swollen and hot to the touch.  My wife thought it might be a clot so I went to the ER and they did...

• Monkey16 3

Dull leg pain - should I worry ??

I woke up this morning with a dull pain in my leg it's in my left leg about four inches above the knee on the inside/back of leg. It's kinda like a dull ache with no rednes - it seems worse when I stretch my leg.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • kas89909 1

Not getting cramps with lasting pain

There was a time when I used get many cramps ( I think it was due to lack of water at that time) and I loved the pain. I also learned the ways through which I will get cramps like flexing muscles in a particular way. But now when I get cramps, the pain doesnt even last for a minutes( hate it). I want...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • caroline15959 2

eLectrolytes

Reply to Marsha's post. Those of us who suffer this agony understand it's not like anything else. I am so pleased I will certainly keep some handy. On the other hand my doctor tested my potassium levels and said all was fine.what we do know it that something is not working properly despite healthy eating,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Applepie12345 2

Can the pill cause severe leg cramps?

I'm a female in my early 20s and am on the pill. I had a pill break for a month and am now taking it again. I've had terrible cramps all afternoon in both legs. It's an extremely tight and agonising sensation and it's quite hard to walk. I've not done anything unusual really and I think my diet is pretty...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Snurge001 2

leg cramps

thanks to everyone who responded to my original post.  Seriously...thank you.  I did some further research based on your comments and have an appointment on Monday with my family doctor.  Since my heart attack 8 years ago, I have been on Statins.  After my research, I am concerned with my taking this...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jan52884 2
  • lisalisa1986 1

inner thigh cramps- please help

I have excruciating inner thigh cramps and have on and off for years.   I have had gastric bypass surgery and wonder if this has anythign to do with them.  I know dehydration causes them, as well as malnutrition.  It usually happens in the evening upon rising from the couch.  I have homeopathic leg cramp...

• Snurge001 2

exercise

has anyone found that exercise/stretching or strengthening the leg muscles of any use in leg cramps?

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.