Long period of hard work - body is aching

Posted , 1 user is following.

I work as an Exec chef and have been working 16 hours a day, flat out, 7 days a week for over 3 months. I dont just do the main cooking, but I also handle and supervise deliveries which means lifting 20-40 kilos of food at a time, pushing trolleys with 200kgs worth of load etc. I dont do all the work around the kitchen but I do dive into all areas on a daily basis. I am 25 years old, weigh 62kg, 170cm and not particularly muscular. But I am a hardworker, work fast and will get s**t done no matter what. A few days ago I had an accident and had to be treated at hospital. Due to the protocols where I work I have to self isolate for 2 weeks before I get back to cooking again. Since being at home I have had excruciating pains in my lower back, hips and particularly my legs. I think its because I've had such tensed up muscles(which i didnt really realize) that now when theyre calming down its putting different pressure on my sciatic nerve(at least this is what made sense to me whilst looking on the internet). What can I do to calm it down? I feel like doing some really intense workouts but I think that would defeat the purpose. I can barely lie down because it hurts so much so Ive been taking painkillers which has helped. Anyone has any advice on how to get over this pain? or do I need to just get used to it until my body has fully recovered?

I have definitely learned a lesson that I need to take it much easier at work and not go so all in on everything.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.